World Update for Israel

The reason the res is so low is due to US law that forbad providign high res satellite imagery of Israel. The law was just recently cancelled.

So expect in the coming year Google and Bing to update their Israel data.

4 Likes

The wonderful thing about the internet is that 99% of it can work wonderfully and one particular site might fail dramatically because packets in one direction go through a bad route. :slight_smile:

Same sort of reason some people complain of download speeds for MSFS updates of less than 1 megabit/s for a multi-gigabyte update, while others get 500 megabits/s or whatever their full pipeline is.

Alas, from here in Oregon I donā€™t seem to have a good route to this particular site, at least this week. :smiley:

Anyway thanks for the confirmation that it should work! Iā€™ll check again in a couple weeks and see if network providers have resolved whatever is wrong. :wink:

1 Like

Thatā€™s fascinating! Thanks for sharing, I didnā€™t know the data resolution had been artificially limited by law. Looking forward to that getting fixed; itā€™ll ā€œtrickle downā€ via Bing Maps eventually. :wink:

Flew out of Eilat last night for some training. It was great! Very realistic

Highly recommend this area for people to explore as from altitude above airport you can see 4 countries: KSA, HKJ, Egypt and Israel, of course

3 Likes

Hello friends
I wanted to know why Israel International Airport has not yet been addressed by Microsoft. Is there a trend to attach it, and if so, what is the departure date

2 Likes

Just thought would comment and say Iā€™d love to see this too. As others say there is obviously a better chance if includes other nearby nations however I do find it disappointing how you can recognise churches and other Christian landmarks in some countries yet thereā€™s next to no inclusion of the many Islamic and Judaic landmarks (ignoring how they launched a big update on a Jewish Holiday so clearly have 0 interest) that I am sure many of us have tired to find and been disappointed by. Just is a shame when Israle is one of the most beautiful and historical nations that has ties to most walks of life in one way or another.

1 Like

before official update here we go https://vdgsim.com/site/index.php/elementor-407/

Is anyone working on making Ben Gurion Airport???

Itā€™s been a long wait!

afaik only david rosenfeld

He is working on it for two years now.

Is anyone in touch with him to know of any progress, or possible completion date.

He hasnā€™t issued an update in over a year.

1 Like

in any case there should be a WU for the whole Middle East, not only for Israelā€¦

2 Likes

Yes! Very badly needed.

Purchased Rosenfield Ben Gurion

Not bad but has too many bugs. What about all of Israel? Need some updates

so far only there https://vdgsim.com/site/index.php/elementor-407/

That would be sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love flying in the area of The Persian Gulf! Dubai and Abu Dhabi are my favorite spots.

ASF ETM12m Israel - Enhanced Terrain Mesh 12m for Israel - version 1.00
This is an Enhanced Terrain Mesh ALOS PALSAR RTC 0,41 arc sec (12 meters). Mainly the area covered by this terrain mesh is related to the region of ā€¦ see coverage map.

ETM12 Enhanced Terrain Mesh 12m for Israel

2 Likes

this give stutters. really heavy. rolling cache help but some lags and jerks still appear

1 Like

This is true with MSFS SU9 version 1.26.5.0.
I am using SU10 Beta 1.27.17.0 DX11 PC / Store with latest NVIDIA 516.94 drivers no stutters (0%) or slow rendering.

sound promising. so su10 fix itā€¦ nice

1 Like