World Update - India?

here you are:

Voted! Would really love to see some world update for India and also a bit more attention to African and other Asian countries please.

3 Likes

:pray: :slight_smile:

Hi, just seen that TwoToneMurphy (a guy from Ireland, the green island) is currently cruising thru India! Shaabaash!

You may check it in Twitch / Youtube!

Youtube - TwoToneMurphy - India Special (check episodes under “Playlist”)

Hey India fans, I’ve started a trip journal for flying all the way across India from south to north, in a Cessna 172, in live weather and live time only.

1 Like

Shaabaash! That is great!
I will check your trip definitely … and don’t forget to vote for “Indian Scenery” on the MSFS Wishlist :slightly_smiling_face: :pray:

One more bug on VABB airport in Mumbai … can you imagine one of the biggest airports in India without ATC tower? Please go to VABB in MSFS, and if somebody can find this really marvelous ATC Sky Tower, please post it here!

1 Like

Just seen the area where the new Navi Mumbai airport is planned for 2023/2024.

May we start a designer challenge for the MSFS scenery designers to create 2-3 different fictional airports for Navi Mumbai, and let see in 2 years which will be build in reality - Please be creative and provide great new International Airports for Navi Mumbai - shaabaash!

The airport will have two runways:

• Runway 08L/26R: 3,700 by 60 metres (12,140 ft × 200 ft)
  • Runway 08R/26L: 3,700 by 60 metres (12,140 ft × 200 ft)

Here some links for the planned Navi Mumbai International Airport (NMIA):
(Check the embedded video !)

Some details about the new airport:
(Phase one: 2021, Phase two: 2022, Phase three: 2027 and Phase four: 2032)

(you may switch to English version at the top of the website)

Another issue with the Juhu airport in Mumbai (VAJJ) !

This small airport is meant for helicopters and General Aviation aircrafts only, but in MSFS it supports ILS landings only, so without ILS you are not allowed to land in Juhu. क्या यह पागल नहीं है (isn’t it crazy)? Can somebody create a mod so GA aircrafts can also land here, please!

Just seen the excellent Beechcraft flight also thru India - shaabaash!

1 Like

Enjoy Gandhi’s Salt March from 1930 !

Yes like many of you we are among the minority of Indian origin or Indian flight simmers, with me it started all the way back to FS2000. Back then I was in University and bought a bootlegged copy of the game because I had no other option from a street vendor in Mumbai’s Crawford market area. Warp zoom to March 2021 and I am playing with the latest update and flew out of Kochi’s international airport and I see an improvement in the landscape, glad to see a moderate amount of coconut palms for starters and the houses appear flat roof topped with hardly any sloping tile roof houses. Well my expectations are low but I am overall impressed with the progress this sim has made over FSX which claimed ‘As real as it gets’ but was far from the truth for India. There was a famous add-on created by Manish for Mumbai with the GOI, Taj Mahal, Vidhan Sabha and the Air India building. That was the last great update.

3 Likes

:grinning: It’s not even a joke. I jumped on Singapore (Changi) airport in the Marketplace. Finally a quality SE Asian airport! But they are very few and far between… Don’t me get started with the absence of watermasks in that region, either…

1 Like

India would be great for a world update. Being from the US I would rather see other parts of the world get better treatment. I’d throw in Nepal and the Himalayan mountain region also. Would be great to fly around and check out since I most likely would never get to travel to that part of the world in real life

4 Likes

I’m a kiwi but when I was 19 2006 I went to the Himalayan north India and if there is one thing I recommend… depart Leh airport and fly along one of those valleys and head to Pangong Tso lake. border of India and China and the scenery is fantastic in this!!! you can see land slips and eveything and google Pangong tso for an idea on what you would see along with the monastery at Leh but yeah MSFS does a good job but totally agree… I love Asia and would love to see more in that continent with India at the top with some decent VFR points of interest in buildings etc

2 Likes

Not just INDIA, The whole Middle East

3 Likes

Excited to see there is a forum for India scenery! I have been a sim enthusiast for years and have always wanted to fly around our beautiful country.

There is so much talent in our country especially around 3d modelling /programming etc and I sincerely hope many one of them become enthusiasts like us and add to the India scenery community.

I am extremely limited in my 3d capabilities (had learned 3dmax way back in 1998) but have started to take some lessons on Blender (Andrew Price - Blender guru is great) and SDK lessons from the awesome (Flying Theston)

There some very easy to follow lessons on the SDK developer mode and for starters we can contribute with small steps.

For eg: Putting palm trees (closer to coconut trees) than the default trees that show up in Kerala and Goa is a personal mission :slight_smile: Also Elephants in periyar :slight_smile: Its time consuming but not difficult and if a few more on this forum can come together maybe we can start micro projects around these?

I was also looking for websites where we can download free 3d models of prominent landmarks like India Gate, Gateway of India and put them on the sim.

I will try and work on a few of these myself and share them here for feedback. If this works then a lot of us can contribute to smaller aspects of the India scenery while the more experienced members can continue to build the awesome Indian airports that have been shared recently!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi Nayar,

shaabaash :wink:

I am working on the new Navi Mumbai airport, and need some support in regards to Blender.
E.g. the airport terminal buidling looks very specific, but is possibly not too difficult to create in LOD (level of detail) 0 and 1. Also I am looking for a small Hindu temple etc. I am happy to collaborate with you on such 3D items. Please let me know.

PS: for Hindu temples, possibly we can get it via Google Photogrammetrie for USA and UK, as there are lots of Hindu and Sikh temples on USA and UK located. Unfortunately we cannot use this method for India and other South Asian countries, as there is no Photogrammettry data in Google for it …

Navi Mumbai airport references

Hindu Temples in the UK in Google Maps / Earth in 3D Photogrammetry

Shri Vallabh Nidhi Mandir - Ealing Road

Sri Murugan Temple in UK
https://earth.google.com/web/search/london+hindu/@51.54790711,0.05668069,16.97491844a,91.40692402d,35y,-48.1863027h,59.99950663t,0r/data=CigiJgokCZoXXKdy1ElAEYzwPEzMsklAGSCLjDa7KMc_ITjyztqMldi_

Naesden Temple in UK
https://earth.google.com/web/search/london+hindu/@51.54763001,-0.26050732,31.14290646a,262.52963168d,35y,153.98945542h,56.07658575t,0r/data=CigiJgokCZoXXKdy1ElAEYzwPEzMsklAGSCLjDa7KMc_ITjyztqMldi_

1 Like

This has already been done - and to great effect.

I use the addon myself. It does coconut palms - and very well. I spend all my time in MSFS 2020 either in SE Asia or Asia (including India).

This pic is from a recent virtual trip around coastal Thailand in MSFS 2020 using the above addon - you can see the lush coconut palms everywhere.

3 Likes

Wow, great thanks for sharing. Will explore.

1 Like