World Update: LATAM: Argentina, Chile and Colombia

On behalf of the Microsoft Flight Simulator Latinoamerica Facebook Group members, I would like to add to the wishlist the following:

A World Update (WU) covering: Argentina, Chile and Colombia.*

*These were the three most voted countries in our survey.

Thumbs up! We brazilians got it, so we need to help you guys to get it too.

12 Likes

Loving your wishes and voted for it, I wiuld like to have developped the whole South America in two WUs and not in one “isolated country splits” as your proposal for Colombia and Chile/Argentina, whch do not share a country border:

South

• Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Southern Brasil (Paraná, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul)
  • including significant landmarks like:
    ** some main buildings in BA (incl. Congress and Obelisk)
    ** Main Buildings in Santiago, incl. Gran Torre Santiago
    ** Torres del Paine Glaciar, Fitzroy Rocky Mountain, Perrito Moreno and other Bush Flying attractiions
    ** Moro de Arica
    ** Obesrvatories in Arica
    ** Foz de Iguazu
    ** Landmarks in Uruguay and Paraguay (such as " La Santísima Trinidad de Paraná", “Palacio Salvo”)
    ** Landmarks in South-Brasil (such as HercĂ­lio-Luz-Bridge)
    ** Jesuit Reductions in Area of Paraguay, Brasil and Argentina
  • main emphasis in:
    ** Volcano Effects
    ** Glaciar Effects
    ** tipical farms houses “Estancias” in Brasil and Argentina

North

• Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brasil (excluded PR, SC, RS)
  • including significant landmarks like:
    ** Salto del Angel
    ** Main Buildings in all these countries
    ** Machu Picchu
    ** Statues in Cochabamba and Oruro
  • main emphasis in:
    ** all Rivers and Lake in Amazonia as Polygons
    ** Waterfalls
    ** different houses in Amazonia (indigenous with and western culture based), Andes (typically white or in color painted walls and with brown-red Roofs) and Coast high society houses vs. poor settlements, Farm Houses in Sabana in Colombia and Venezuela, etc.
    ** Colonial Churches
21 Likes

Please update it! This is the best region in the sim for me.

7 Likes

Torres del paine ready!

7 Likes

Hey Thanks a million for your vote! The three countries came up after a survey took place in the group for more than three months, and these were the results, so yes, we know that colombia doesn’t share the border with argentina nor chile. As the admin of the MSFS LATAM group (4050 members already), I committed to create this post with whatever the results were :slight_smile:

The fact that we’re asking for these first three countries first, is just our initial step to keep asking for more and more WUs in the future. There are so so so many beautiful landmarks and cities in our continent that requesting three countries initially seems like it’s not enough, but at the same time we’re mindful about what a viable WU could be. Unfortunately, mapping the whole continent and getting the photogrammetry data for all of these countries at the same time would be specially complicated.

Thanks a million for your feedback and once again for your vote :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Guillermo

11 Likes

I love this developer - I have many of their products!

2 Likes

Thank You!!!

Yes please!

1 Like

I would love to showcase some on my channel - if you are interested in chatting let me know.

The Caribbean needs some love as well, DR, PR, CU, etc.

3 Likes

Why not Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia ?

2 Likes

As I mentioned in the thread, these countries were the ones chosen for 4200k users.

Improve the maps of South America please, the ones you currently bring compared to the rest of the world, they are HORRIBLE

3 Likes

Please update the whole region!! WU for South America! Include FAUNA

3 Likes

A bit of an upvote. A World Update: Patagonia (Chile / Argentina) would be an amazing addition to the Sim.
I’m not from there but have visited a few times and it is really home of one of the greatest landscapes on Earth!

PS: If you’re a Mesh developer and feel like doing a high res - fps friendly mesh for the Andes, there is money to make there!

1 Like

Spot on, South american patagonia (South of Chile and Argentina) is a seriously beautiful place to fly into. PLUS, in this area you can find the shortest way to get into Antarctica.

1 Like

¡Hola desde Perú!
I recently completed the patagonia Bush Trip. I’m aware there’s plenty to do and limited resources, but as far as a wish list goes (“soñar no cuesta nada”), here’s what I’d like to find:

• Macchu Picchu (obvious…)
  • The Nazca Lines (they’re well documented in G**gle AND Bing Maps).
  • Callejon de Huaylas, home to Peru’s tallest mountains (I’ve worked there for a few years. The view is spectacular!).

Hope this is helpful.

Again warm regards from Lima.

2 Likes

It is mandatory, satellite images are horrible!

1 Like

The Andes, especially Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina present one of the most challenging flying topography and climates in the world. This area of the world in MSFS needs a World update, please.

3 Likes