World update Spain and Portugal

I fly in United Kingdom and France, and Germany, and Holland and in Belgium with the same quality frames than in Spain where I´m from. So, yes, GO AHEDAD for and UPDATE of Spain and Portugal! It worth it.

4 Likes

Very good idea!

3 Likes

I don‘t know when it happened but the imagery for Lisbon has been updated in Bing Maps. Moreover, the suburbs to the west, an area roughly the size of Lisbon itself including Sintra and Estoril, now have photogrammetry. The quality of both is among the best I‘v seen. This, of course, is no indication that a World Update is around the corner, but I think it‘s safe to assume that these additions to Bing Maps will be in the sim one day, maybe even before an Iberia World Update. What‘s especially encouraging is the high quality of the data. After the disappointment that was London and Paris, most of the more recently introduced data is actually excellent in quality and at least on par with Google.

2 Likes

I am all onboard for a Spain and Portugal update. The Costa del Sol (with the exception of Marbella) and the Basque country are two areas that need a lot of work. The Balearic Islands, the Canary Islands and the Azores are beautiful places that should be included in this world update. I would like to see Bilbao and Malaga in photogrammetry if the data is available.

Also, why not throw in Iberia and Vueling liveries for the stock A320NEO? Just like they did KLM 787-10 in the France-Benelux world update. I have these liveries on my PC, but can’t use them on my Xbox as they are third party freeware.

Bring on the Iberian peninsula and all of the beautiful islands!

5 Likes

It would be incredible to have photogrammetry for these areas!

1 Like

Please update Spain. This is one of the most visited Countries in the World. Has such an amazing culture and stunning architecture. This needs to be of importance surely.

3 Likes

I totally agree. Please update Spain and Portugal. There are few countries with such a diverse landscape, ideal for VFR flights.

4 Likes

We got our wish.

5 Likes

Really excited about world update 8. Being Spain such a mountain country, that 2m mesh is going to be amazing!

3 Likes

Hope the 2m mesh applies to madeira, balearics and canaries too.

4 Likes

Late March 2022 is date for VIII FS2020 Wolrd Update IBERIA, after yesterday VII World Update for Australia, as announced by JORG NEUMAN Head of MS Flight Sim in the MS/Asobo INTERVIEW.
Enhorabuena Actualizacion para la peninsula IBERICA España y Portugal anunciada para finales de Marzo 2022. FS2020 VIII World Update IBERIA on Late March 2022 - YouTube

4 Likes

Great! it looks very promising, thanks to all of you who have voted in support of this world update

2 Likes

These world updates get better and better. If this is better than Australia, we are in for a real treat. Can’t wait to see what MS/Asobo give us!

2 Likes

This item was delivered with World Update 8 (1.24.5.0).