World update Spain and Portugal

Spain and Portugal need an update. The airports of Spain and Portugal are very important internationally. Think of Madrid, Barcelona, Alicante, Seville, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, the Canary Islands with Tenerife or Lisbon and Porto. Spain and Portugal add approximately 110 million annual tourists being the first place in the world in the ranking. The landscapes and cities are beautiful, consequently also the VFR flights with hundreds of local airports has a lot of attraction. Please support a world update for Spain and Portugal

1 Like

At this point, we know the next world update is already scheduled to feature France & Benelux, and I highly doubt that will change. But the opportunity is still here for the following update after World Update 4.
Jorg did mention in the live Q&A that they would also jump on certain areas thanks to incredibly accurate and quality data sources, so this could include Spain & Portugal.

Even if the World Update does not immediately bring Spain & Portugal in, Jorg did mention they plan on having world updates cover the whole world in a 2-3 year span, and doing this continuously, as the world evolves. This will ensure the sim will be constantly updated and stays in sync with the world.

6 Likes

I think they are bound to what the bing satellite images provide. So no rushing here is possible.

I personally would like some love in South America and Central Asia.

2 Likes

They are working on getting additional satellite and terrain data that is not necessarily in Bing Maps. MS has said they work with governments and private companies in getting high resolution data to be added to the sim (and i’d assume Bing maps as well).

3 Likes

No world update in Spain please, almost we can fly without performance issues in these two countries.
It is enough well done, Madrid, Barcelona have nice photogrametry. We don’t need a World update, we need some third part airports to cover these areas.

3 Likes

But LEZG second cargo airport in Spain is not in the sim. Thanks to Airhispania we have it, but this is not the way, AHS LEZG should be an addon over the base LEZG in the sim.

5 Likes

Thanks for your opinions. I totally agree with you, SlippedSheep437. The airports of at least the cities with airports, should be incorporated by Microsoft for free and with the standard quality of FS2020. It is true that AirHispania covers this lack of Microsoft for free with third-party airports, but not all of them are there and also the quality is very variable. I am not opposed to having airports or scenarios developed by third parties and having to pay for them, but that should be a choice and not something necessary because there are no such airports in FS2020

6 Likes

I bought fs2020 thinking that it would be a photorealist online as they promised. But it is not, I hope they fix it and that it does not take long, because the truth is that only thanks to the community do we have well-made cities in Spain, for example Granada. Is one desappointement.

8 Likes

good example, Granada it’s very disappointing currently and a world update with Spain/Portugal and islands would have a lot of potential for landmarks and interesting stuff

8 Likes

Portugal and Spain would be great.

Porto doesn’t look good now and the community haven’t even made an airport for there yet.

7 Likes

why dont you make it then?

5 Likes

Spain and Portugal are very inaccurate actually, and need an important upgrade

11 Likes

Totally agree with the idea of a World Update for Portuga(Islands)l/Spain (Islands).
The Azores need to be included on the update also. The World needs to have an accurate idea how is it to fly around our Islands.

10 Likes

Up! Please pay attention to this post

9 Likes

An update to Spain is Critical. YES !
Please count what people develop on their own in flightsin,to And rou will see is Spain up front!.
We want real content. We want you, Mircosoft and Asobo. And we can help. www.airhispania.com

15 Likes

Yes! Agree!

3 Likes

I’m seeing the images of the volcano eruption these days in the Canary Islands and thinking that I’d love to fly over La Palma with a higher res mesh. We need that World Update.

5 Likes

Absolutely, Spain deserves a HUGE update!!, one of the most beautiful places in the world!

9 Likes

Of course, Spain and Portugal deserves an update, not everybody is Lucky enough to visit these wonderful countries, a MS2020 can give them a chance to flight over, Ibiza, Formentera, Canary islands, Azores, Madeira, incredible beautiful places. I supose that what make the diference are economic issues which market is most relevant, I dont know. But I give my full support for the this idea of include in the whislist a soon world update for the iberian peninsula and islands.

5 Likes

Thanks for your support

Volar3331

2 Likes