World Update United Kingdom

Theakston Brewery being present is a must!! In fact add all local breweries in, no pressure :wink:

2 Likes

EGBW ( Wellesbourne Mountford ) is my home field.

No Tower Controllers.

EGBE ( Coventry ) is also disappointingly missing both Tower and ground controllers.

EGBO ( Wolverhampton / Halfpenny Green ) needs its Tower controller.

Bidford Gliding Club doesnā€™t in real World, nor does Stoney Lane and Alscot, RAF Stratford upon Avon.

Stoney Lane is where the canal has flooded over the runway.

If they include Manchester University Radio Telescope, I will have to have a Jodrell Bank.

5 Likes

Yes please to piersā€¦I fear however that photogrammetry will still be lacking.

1 Like

The only real thing I care about right now is the removal of the office blocks/apartments that are predominant in every rural landscape! Anything else is a bonus.

6 Likes

I live in the village right next to Jodrell. Would be great to see the two telescopes :+1:

2 Likes
  • 1 way to many office and apartment blocks in county side and lets have more churchā€™s and farms.
2 Likes

Brilliant! I live in Leigh-in-Sea. Know what you mean!

1 Like

The Channel Island have the same time zone as the rest of the UK. Itā€™s all ways annoyed me with FS
that it on French time, right from the early days. Please Give EGJJ EGJB and EGJA UK time zone.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking the cliffs at Dover could look betterā€¦

2 Likes

It would be nice if the boats on the Thames in London were floating ON TOP of the water instead of being submerged. I had hoped when they did the USA recently the boats on the Mississippi in St Louis would be fixed but, alas, they are still in a sunken condition.
Morseā€™s red Jag driving through Oxford would be nice. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Orbx London Landmarks package takes care of a lot of those boats, especially the HMS Belfast.

1 Like

I have that scenery package but they still seemed to be under water.

The Thames isnā€™t the only place like that. Last I checked, the USS North Carolina in Wilmington was also just an image on the water surface.

what about the 747 on the Top Gear test track?

1 Like

Yes the area where I live also has factories and warehouses about half a mile away nearly all are one storey but in the sim they are those five or six storey office blocks.
With regard to us driving on the left I need to run the sim and check but as far as I remember traffic is on the left here in the sim

Please add piers at the uk coastal towns.

2 Likes

We need to manage our expectations. You arenā€™t going to see every landmark in every town and city in this update. For that we will have to wait for a payware add on like Orbx. The number of landmarks in their true earth range is amazing.

Bear in mind the scenery we get out of the box with msfs is still better than anything we had before.

1 Like

Have to Admit I flew over NY awhile back and the Tree Generation looked like ā€œI am Legendā€!

Very overgrown. But hey better than FSX!

Food for Thought!

Coastlines.

OrbX True Earth GB does not have The Old Man of Hoy.

I went to see if I could get C172 round it , and it wasnā€™t there.