World Update VI

there is no newest update of World Update VI (1.19.8.0) of the microsoft flight simulator in my windows 10 microsoft store

2 Likes

Hi all
I saw this same window just when trying to install.
If you click ā€˜launchā€™ against the MFS modified 07/08/21, that starts the install process - it did in my system
hereā€™s the screen shot

then I clicked on the program icon on my task bar and it went to the launcher as it should.

are you launching the latest mod or the game independentlyā€¦above, I launched the mod and it worked

same issueā€¦ cannot find the dam update !!!

1 Like

I clicked on every button, nothing works. I couldnā€™t take a single flight since the SU5 ā– ā– ā– ā– , because of continuous CTD, I was hoping this update would solve it. Now I canā€™t even get the update. If there was a possibility to request a refund I would gladly ask for it. This stupid game is the most annoying piece of software Iā€™ve seen in my life. Bunch of noobs. Frustrating!

Install or reinstall the Xbox app.
Click on the three dots next to launch then select update from the menu that appears.

If the update option has not appeared try exiting the MS Store then go back and try again, might even be worth a pc restart.

1 Like

No update available here either and I have run through all of the advice in the troubleshooter windows. Of course, I cannot fly as I cannot get past the mandatory update window.
Eventually got the update by installing the Xbox app and running from there. AAArgh

it worked for me.

2 Likes

For me worked: starting Game via Xbox App
Game Shows There ist an uodate.
Restart PC
Store loading automatically the update after some sec
Starting Store checking die Updates, MSFS Update is showung as updated

Starting Game via Xbox App

Really Strange
Otherwise Here ist a offical tip

2 Likes

Okay, it is ridiculous that you have to figure out yourself what hoops you have to jump through to get a piece of software updated.

No ā€œUpdateā€ option under the 3 dots, The ā€œmanageā€ option did absolutely nothing.

And donā€™t ask me how I finally got to the ā€œUpdate ALLā€ option, as I have no clue what I did.

What a frustrating mess did Microsoft provide us. If it throws off avid flight simmers like me, how do you think newbies to the flight simulator world feel. They will probably throw in the towel and never look back. Moving on to other, more user friendly games/simulators .

Microsoft really dropped the ball big time on this one

2 Likes

Worked for me too. Spent an hour trying to fathom this WU6 update until I found this video. Much appreciated.

i think i found the answer, asoboā€™s team is genius guys with absolutely stone strong nervous system, so they canā€™t understand something, what obviously simple and or not annoyingā€¦ so, must be they have to take in their tester team retarded nervous chickens like me, and then any new update will much better from idiotā€™s point of view, as my self (at your service) have

1 Like

Thank you SO MUCH! This made a potentially frustrating and time consuming process easy, quick, and straightforward.

That video helped but why is something as simple as installing a patch made so unnecessarily complex?

Every time Iā€™ve had this problem, I logged out of the Microsoft store and rebooted the computer. after rebooting, I logged back in and it was there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.