World Update XV: Nordics & Greenland: Bush-Trip Denm-Sved

When opening the bush-trip menu, now there are curiously two identical entries for the same trip, from Denmark to Sweden. One has a little text in the Picture mentioning Cessna 172 Classic, the other one is empty. However, the second one is tagged as „new“, the first one is not.
When I want to start the first bush trip, I always finish in a CTD. The second one works fine, using the Cessna Skyhawk 172 G1000. I think, that in this WU update unfortunately an airplane (Cessna 172 Classic) is used for a bush trip, which is not part of the basic equipment and thus wont work for all users, such as me.
I would recommend to replace the Cessna 172 Classic by Cessna 152 instead, or to delete this double version of the bush trip. Moreover, it would be a better solution to give an opportunity for choosing among different airplanes at start of the trip than to introduce several identical bush trips with different fixed airplanes.

The basic idea is probably that owners of the Deluxe version and higher can use the aircraft included in this version for BTs. I think this is a nice addition to the possibilities.
What can be described as a bug here is that the tile with the 172 Classic should not be displayed at all for owners of the Standard version of the MSFS, as the aircraft is not available in the Standard version.

2 Likes

Of course it is a nice idea to expand the amount of airplanes to those in the deluxe version or above. However, the concept is questionable, when providing the same bush trip in parallel with different plane types: Who would be interested to fly the same bush trip several times, where only the airplane was replaced?
Even, when the bush trips were invisible for those players, that do not own the airplane provided, all others would see the same bush trip in all variants, which are offered.
I think, instead of introducing a system, where certain bush trips are hidden to those, that do not own the corresponding planes, it would be more sophisticated to introduce a system, which lets everyone choose among some airplanes, which the authors of the bush trip offers, to be useful (and, of course, the player has access to).

So, in this case, there would be a bush trip, which should offer a choice at the beginning, taking one of three airplanes, C127 Skyhawk, or C125, or C127 Classic. The latter one would be invisible to users of the standard version, resulting in a choice of only two planes.

Moreover, it would be more comprehensive, when planes, bought from the store could also be included. But, as said, they would only be visible to those players, that own the plane.

1 Like

It is not absolutely necessary that I fly the same BT twice, just because there are 2 different airplanes. But it is probably the incentive that 100% should be displayed for BTs, because otherwise you are dissatisfied. However, the teleport function can also be used if you don’t want to fly twice.
For a BT you can use any airplane you want, but not officially. Use this tool for this: Misson Changer – BushTripInjector

If you eagerly looking for 100% completing of all events, you have to fly every BT. For those people it IS necessary to go through all of them and sucessfully finish all of them. Therefore, I see a gap in the concept, as mentioned above.
In addition, you can see the gap, because it needs some Genius, who compensate the gap by programming work arounds such, as the Mission-Changer you mentioned.
Anyway, my proposal would avoid these multiple BT entries and additionally enrich the BT feature by giving the choice of picking a plane, you would like to use.

1 Like

picking a plane… and the weather. That could be very nice feature.

As I have seen, the weather has been selectable since WU13.
The airplane can be exchanged with the Mission Changer.

To change weather ant time are an important improvement, as there are curious situations, when the legs are going late and finish in the night.
But teleportation is not available. So, when the second turn of a BT with another plane model should advance more quickly, it might be helpful to choose a plane, that is very very fast and still kind of STOL.

Teleportation is possible:
Opions / General options / Developer

grafik

Oops. I’ve never been in Devmode. That is, because, then I do not earn my credits for successful finishing of BTs.
So I am completely noob there.
Yes, I know, that there are a lot of interesting things, such as inspecting FPS or replaying a spectacular flight. But, up to date, I am happy to enjoy thousands of flights, and prefer some old fashioned planes such as the DC-3, without playing around in Devmode.

Same here. CTD because of missing plane. I think it´s a bug