World's Most Dangerous Approach - Landing at the Paro International Airport - Bhutan

Can’t imagine how much training would be involved when landing an Airbus A319!

1 Like

With TBM it is piece of cake. Try A320 instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s very hard to land even an A320 there in the sim. The difficult part is doing it over and over again safely in different wind conditions.
That’s the thing about flying in a sim. We often think it’s not that hard to fly an airplane but I’m pretty sure most of us can count on one hand the amount of times we did everything perfect (no overspeed, correct altitudes, correct communication with ATC, lights, altimeter etc.). Real pilots have to get this right every time.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I am well aware! I made the video to illustrate the proper navigation procedure that is performed in real life. There is a reason it takes 8-10 years of training to qualify as a Captain in order to land the Airbus at Paro.

Well stated! Many simmers think this is easy because they land somewhere on the runway. In real life these pilots pin the numbers every time with every flight being different in terms of wind, density altitude, aircraft weight etc. I made the video mainly to illustrate the proper navigation procedure and manual aspect of flying the approach.

1 Like