Worse performance, fps lower SiM update7

Hello forum I have i710700k 3070 and i have never had this low performance. I have checked all the airplanes all the airports and the conclusion is that there are fps losses. When you turn the camera or go back to another camera, the fps drops a lot. my simulator was always stable at 30fps always always at 1080p now i’m rn 12-18fps
Im DX11

17 Likes
  1. Did you try to switch off MOTION BLURE? People report FPS improvements after this operation.
  2. After every update, the sim has to work a few hours to “recover” - such things as deleting a Rolling Cache and waiting for its rebuild may help, some disk optimization (even for SSD), some preparation like deleting DX cashe and so on.
2 Likes

I just had a look at my fps (VR and non-VR) and while I dont’t have a conclusion there yet, I realized, that the graphics settings changed themselves (I personally have never experienced this problem before, but it is a common issue, that settings get messed up after each update…). For example, in the 2D-graphics options, anti-aliasing was set to something else than TAA and the VR settings also seem to be different to what I had last (unfortunately, I did not document them). So check really closely the setting, maybe cycle through the presets to get everything reset. Maybe this helps…

Thanks but nothing…

If you are getting fps drops, you can open the general graphics settings and adjust them until you get the fps you want.

Yes, all the configuration is as always as before. the problem is the update that now I have lost a lot of fps …

Why do I have to change and lower the quality when before I had no problem in high resolution?

2 Likes

I’ve been playing since launch day and I’ve been through these updates 7 times now… And every update, I always have to reset and readjust settings until I get the same FPS again.

I’m used to it, this has been my reality for the past year with MSFS.

P.S I actually get more FPS in SU7 than I do in SU6. I usually have to set my graphics to Low to get 30 FPS, now I can set to Ultra with a slightly more FPS.

1 Like

Well, I’m hallucinating, I don’t understand anything. Thanks

Well, are you asking for a solution to get yourself back to your old FPS performance? If so, I have given the advice. Just readjust your graphics settings until you’re happy with the performance again.

2 Likes

Bonjour,

Désolé de poster cela ici mais je suis nouveau et je ne c’est pas comment créer un nouveau poste quelqu’un peut m’aider ?

J’ai un très très gros problème sur des DLC que j’ai acheter sur flight simulator 2020.

Merci.

I never have had my settings messed up. They always remain what they were. Strange, this.
Are you sure that nvidia experience center does not default your settings?

no you are not, but cant you understand every pc is different and so the experience is different too for every user.
and this can be easily seen on the forums.

Just out of curiosity.
Is your fxaa turned off in nvcp?
If it’s on, then turn it off :+1:

It’s the clouds. Ultra is really high res clouds. I turned mine down to high and they still look better than ultra on su6. I have an I5 and getting upper 20s. That being said the weather system looks fantastic.

IF you had good performance before and you’re not trying DX12, then it’s possibly the servers, as CommonBloom31 alluded to. This happens to me after every update (and I’m not exaggerating). It’s a procedure for me – after a day or two, I set my settings to Low, then back to Ultra, then delete my cache and let it rebuild, and all is well again. I’m not a hardware guy by any means, but clearly, these updates wreak havoc on the servers and they don’t recover quickly enough.

2 Likes

Interested to learn more about disk optimization and DX cache.

Could you explain a bit more about this please? I’ll try anything for an extra few frames

Ok i will try…

I used to get a constant 60FPS with my RTX3080, i7 9700K after Sim Update 5, but now I’m getting terrible performance, low GPU usage, low CPU usage again. Getting down to constant 30fps, and even drops down to 15. It seems to be acting as it did before Sim update 5, one core maxed, and the rest ~30%. I used to be able to get 90-100% CPU usage after sim update 5, but it’s definitely broken now.

Edit: I tried turning motion blur off, as well.

2 Likes

same here.

specs:

rtx3070
i5 9600k
16 of RAM
WIN11

1 Like

exactly the same . with this update i have lowered the performance. I do not understand how there are people who say they are doing well !!! I hallucinate !!!

Where can i report this?

5 Likes