Worth buying RadeonRX 6600XT with this AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X?

Hi there. I use the occulus Quest II with my flightsim. But I have issues with black screens and crashes.
My PC:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X
GIGABYTE X399 DESIGNARE EX
64Gb DDR4 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB

Initially I build this PC for use wih my Organ (Hauptwerk). That asked multithread cpu and much memory.

Is it worth upgrading my videocard to RadeonRX 6600XT or is my CPU still too low?

Your CPU is still only about 20% slower than the latest Ryzen CPUs, so it’s still OK. But the 6600XT is way faster than the 1050ti, over twice as fast, so yes it would definitely be a worthwhile upgrade.

Thank you! Appreciate your fast answer. I will order one :wink:

If you can afford a higher price card from AMD you will get much better VR performance, especially with the 6800 or 6800XT. It all depends on availability and what you are willing to pay of course.

I had a 6800 and all it did was crash the game constantly and ran no better than my 1080. I sent it back, still got the 1080.

MSFS had a known bug with Radeon cards in VR. My 6800XT also crashed randomly until the bug was fixed with the release of the Xbox version which uses Radeon GPUs (surprise, surprise). The 1080 and 1080ti were great cards and still are. The 1050ti of the OP not so much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.