Would be interesting to know how many VR users are Beta testing

I only ask this because it seems that VR fixes feel like they are low priority.

This is not a Asobo/Microsoft grievience thread please bear that in mind when posting to this topic.

3 Likes

VR is being neglected, pointless joining the beta to report issues when they don’t want to fix them. I for one am not wasting my own time trying to help them anymore, until that is I see some actual attempt to show some care towards this area, but I’m not holding my breath.

3 Likes

Well the changes have been so minimal that a half hour of testing is enough. Once they actually do real improvements then I will participate. At the moment we have basic support for using VR

I use VR and have been participating in the betas for the last year. I have reported VR and 2D issues experienced in the betas and I must say that the success rates of having VR issues fixed before release, or even in a subsequent SU, is very low whereas 2D issues get much more attention and resolution action.

I look forward to the day when Asobo’s stated promise during recent developer updates of greater VR focus comes to fruition, but we are not there yet.

1 Like

as a VR user, i’d like to point out that we VR players are still in the minority compared to flat screen/multi monitor users.

Don’t you guys remember when VR wasn’t even planned? Chill. VR will git gud, like the rest of the game, with time.

1 Like

I try to report the VR bugs. Don’t bother with 2D testing much since that’s mostly taken care of.

At least they get acknowledged for the not going to fix pile. Well, anything I report, even 2D, gets put in that pile :grin:

The sim does many amazing and complex things really well. But then there are just so many simple, amateur bugs that rob my confidence.

Weather transitions are one thing people complain about but I think they are acceptable for a sim. I understand AI rendering issues and expect the machine learning to get better over time.

What I don’t get are just plain old, blatant UI issues that could be easily fixed.

4 Likes

Yeah, MS has telemetry on how many people fly in VR, and I imagine VR gets prioritized accordingly. The best thing we can do is encourage all our VR brethren to vote on bugs and requests, and keep evangelizing how freaking cool it is to sim-flying and gamer friends.

1 Like

I still say we probably spend more money on the store. :grin:

Not sure if that is relevant for this topic, I’m just trying to find out how many VR users are engaged with the progress of the VR experience of the sim.

It’s completely understandable that VR has lower numbers, that much is obvious, what grinds my gears though is the regressions to VR that go ignored and then Jorg (as the link below details) claims they are not when clearly they are. Multiple VR bugs & issues since SU5 are still not fixed, Why?

Why is it that VR users are treated this poorly? Why is it that MS/Asobo find it acceptable to regress this area and not fix it thereafter? Take the toolbar usage, it is worse (and this is a fact, not an opinion) than it used to be with various actions not working since SU7 - which was released one year ago.

This is why I’ve given up testing, what is the point of having a voice and helping when they don’t actually help themselves? See the following link, tell me they’re doing everything they can to improve VR and then tell me why these bugs & issues have gone ignored for so long - I’m sorry but I don’t find this acceptable when it worked just fine in older Sim Updates.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/jorg-neumanns-q-a-response-to-regression-bugs/

1 Like

From the Navigraph Survey 2021:

15% is higher than I expected.

I use VR, but I don’t beta test. I used to, but I found there was too many issues with stability and switching between Beta and Release versions…. I hope VR gets some love soon though…

It’s actually 10% here is a quote from an article.

Microsoft Flight Simulator: ten percent play with VR headsets

On the show, “Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator” Joerg Neumann casually mentions an interesting statistic: “We know that ten percent of you play virtually exclusively in VR.”

Here is the link to the article

I find it very hard to believe MS/Asobo have a dedicated VR team.
Seems more like some dev team member’s additional duties… :thinking:

As Jörg said months ago, they no longer have a dedicated VR team. It was integrated into regular staff.

The topic is about how many VR users are beta testing.

Please lets stay on topic and not get distracted by MS/Asobo internal dev teams.

Thanks.

Not a VR user but with sim experience, just a thought for those who actually work on VR. I think it’s a dead end path developing VR through devices one must wear. If I had the capital, I would be investing in better display and projection devices.

Like I said, just a thought. Good day to all.

I’m a VR user and I’m on the beta.
But there has been very little in the way of VR-specific things to test lately.
There have been a few minor fixes (and some still outstanding VR-only bugs) but in general the recent betas have been about performance, which applies to both VR and 2D.

Your comment has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

1 Like