Wrong temperatures

This exactly. It was fixed for me for a little bit of time, I got up from my sim to use the restroom and when I came back the temps spiked and my aircraft was screaming at me. The devs obviously know about this problem and are going to get to the bottom of it. There is no reason to harass the Asobo team.

1 Like

This is a joke. This bug needs to be fixed ASAP.

5 Likes

It will, as soon as the devs understand the cause. Just take a breather and use preset weather.

Glad I’ve seen this thread, was thinking my game was going crazy :slight_smile: , my 747 is currently bobbing between +62 and -9 at 34,000 feet, feel like there’s a big rave on my plane every time the temperature fluctuates

3 Likes

I might be too harsh here, but I don’t think it’s hard at all to implement a quick check on the temp data, like above FL300 the temperature can’t be anywhere near +50C, something like if TAT>10 discard data. This way the weather system is still technically not “live” but it won’t ruin user experience. I can’t think of an excuse for not being able to at least make the game playable by now.

5 Likes

I’ve confirmed with the test team that what was fixed yesterday and this morning has indeed reverted in some strange way. They are performing more tests to figure out the culprit of this sudden regression. Will update you when I have more news to share.

54 Likes

@Jummivana could you please have them look at the ATC audio going silent mid flight? Thanks for the quick reply!

1 Like

Thank you for the quick responses @Jummivana

1 Like

The issue is that the weather seems to be working and not working in columns from ground level up to the ceiling. The temperature isnt the only thing off and its not just at high FL. Winds keep randomly changing from 0kts to 30kts, and the temperature goes with it!

8 Likes

+47c TAT / +25c SAT on 30`000ft. Seems “a bit” off.
The altitude is correct tho by comparing the Aircraft altimeter to LittleNavMap altitude. Spot on.

1 Like

In Brazil we say the power of gambiarra

2 Likes

I’d love to verify the bug is still there, but since the hotfix I can’t even get to a reasonable altitude… I keep getting CTDs on loading or about 5 minutes in a flight… I think I’m going to let MSFS rest for a few weeks… :frowning_face:

The problem with Live Weather is making flights impossible to complete. I am flying an IFR flight plan of several hundred miles in the Bonanza Twin. I am approaching a waypoint that has a minimum crossing altitude of 18,000 ft. Should be no problem right? The OAT is currently 31C at 17,500 ft. The extremely high temperature at this altitude means that the Density Altitude is 24,015 ft. The aircraft and engines perform as if the aircraft is actually at 24,015, not 17,500. Since the service ceiling of the aircraft is 24,000 ft, it is unable to climb to 18,000 ft. Since the minimum waypoint crossing altitude is 18,000 ft and required, ATC does not authorize the aircraft to cross the waypoint until it reaches 18,000 ft. Since my AI copilot is flying, he is circling outside the waypoint attempting to climb to 18,000 ft which will never be achieved. Since I am flying in mountains, going below 18,000 ft is not a good option. As long as I use the broken Live Weather, my only option would be to land and figure out a route with lower altitudes and temperatures. I was hoping for the hot fix to fix this.

3 Likes

temp issue and CTD hotfix fix nothing.

2 Likes

the hot fix is awfull, i think that msfs needs a beter testing plan now we will more than likely wait for a week befor a fix is done, I would not be suprised if they leave it till the next sim update

3 Likes

The good news is, when the temp flipped, I was at Mach .94 for a minute or two. lol

Any chance we can un-install the update?

All is fine in this moment for me, except for ISA Deviation
I HOPE that will be fixed ASAP

1 Like

Still the same problem after hotfix today.

1 Like

Perhaps this has already been written in a previous post (so apologies in advance):

I noticed that (except for liners) the temperature indicator from aircrafts did not vary in real time weather. For example, if I take off at 26°C, the temperature remains at 26°C despite the altitude gain. If I don’t use real time weather, the temperature decreases with altitude… I specify that on the A320, in real time weather, the temperature decreases progressively with altitude. Have you noticed the static real time temperature from aircraft other than liners?

2 Likes

I am getting 61 degrees C TAT at FL 330 51 NM west of TFD (Stanfield Casa Grande VOR) and very poor engine performance, after July 30 hotfix. Turning off live weather fixes these issues. Although I am using my own aircraft/panel merge, clearly this is not the source of the problem.

2 Likes