X-Box Flight Sim Files

Are they going to start sending some files to the X Box before the 27th, so we all don’t have to download it at once? They didn’t on the PC.

I think they mentioned on the Q&A stream that you won’t be able to pre-load the entire sim.

1 Like

Yeah, you won’t be able to get it earlier. It’ll be available to everyone at the same time on 27th. I think they did say there is a file which can be downloaded to queue for when the build is available.

Here is a link to the part in the recent Q&A if you want a look and more information:

2 Likes

I hope that it does not come out at like 8:00pm EST like F1 2021 did on 7/12. That was ■■■■. Rooting for a 12:00am release…

There’s a pre download on the store. I’m not sure really what it does as it’s not very big

that’s just the installer, have to wait for the 27th before you can install.

Glad that it’s available at 11AM here on the east coast US. (Per MS Store)

I had an update this afternoon in the UK. I had to dump a few games I was trying out on my Xbox X - no great loss there though.

It now has a new introductory sequence of animated images of aircrafts and various sceneries, and a banner for the 27th July release.

1 Like

The official announcement:

1 Like

They said before that pre-install would not be available due to the game being already live on PC. Since it’s a Play Anywhere title, if they uploaded the Xbox build it would just become available to use. So this means they somehow solved this problem?

To be fair this is entirely usual on Xbox that a download happens a week before launch.

There’s clearly some flag that stops activation until 8.00am Pacific Time on the 27th.

There may also be a ‘Day One Patch’ of a few Gig on launch day.

1 Like

Each time the download finishes, you can get a little more before it says - oops too early. right now it gives a great montage of images and nicely teases you. I expect more will appear the close we get.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.