XBOX app allows me to run Premium Deluxe but the content is missing

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Same outcome with or without the developer mode enabled

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

I am using Game Pass and XBOX app on Windows 10, when I navigate to MSFS in XBOX app, I get presented with three versions, including Premium Deluxe. All three versions are presented as “Installed”. When I select Premium Deluxe, there is option available to start the game, and the game actually starts fine.

However, basic Premium Deluxe features such as 787 is missing.

Searching/asking on forums, people usually suggest that Game Pass only allows the Standard Edition and I need to purchase the digital license to access Premium Deluxe, if this is the case, as suggested on MSFS forum, then this is most likely a bug with the XBOX app. Why would an edition marked as installed and runable and can be launched if it is not available ?

If it is available, then bug is that the content is missing.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Buy Game Pass, Install MSFS Premium Edition (this installs all 3 editions)
Start XBOX app, select Premium Edition and run it
Check if 787 is available.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Latest

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello,

I am using MSFS via Game Pass. If I run XBOX app on Windows and select MSFS I see three versions, all marked as Installed. I select Premium Deluxe and click start, game starts.

But then 787 is not available although it comes up as Installed in the content manager.

What am I doing wrong ? I’ve seen some post suggesting it was impossible to launch Prem Deluxe via Game Pass / Xbox app, but then it is clearly indicated as Installed and runnable.

How can I tell, while the game running which edition I am running ?

Any other suggestions ?

You’re doing nothing wrong, you only get access to the standard edition of the game with Game Pass!

I believe the bare bones of the additional aircraft are installed but missing critical components like the model etc, that’s probably why it thinks deluxe is installed. It’s probably a bug with the xbox app.

If all you have is Gamepass, you only get the base edition. You actually have to buy the upgrade to the PD edition in order to have access to it.

Thanks all, so I suppose xbox app has a bug as it displays PD edition as Installed and allows me launch it.

There’s no real difference in edition per se. It’s not like it’s a separate install, executable, etc. Literally, it’s DLC that’s installed over the base edition like with any other game.

But yes, that’s rather unclear and confusing to be showing all 3 editions of the sim available if you don’t have the DLC. It should only show the 1 version you currently own IMHO.

1 Like