Xbox app installation of MSFS2020 issue

I went to reinstall MSFS after the UD9 beta destroyed my install. I was directed to install MSFS via the XBOX app even though I got it from the MS Store. That’s not the issue, the issue is now I have MSFS in 2 locations. One installation is in the default user/appdata/etc… and one on my D drive where I have the XBOX app installed. Is there any reason why that is? Where do I put addons now?

Hey there, @EDawg109. Sorry to see you’re having some difficulties with install locations. I moved your post to the “Community Help Canter / Install, Performance & Graphics” category where this specific subject is discussed. I hope you find the help you need here. Blue skies.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

That depends on what version you want to use them.
If you are using the Beta, put them in there.
Once the Beta ends, cut them and paste them to the original install, then uninstall the Beta by the recommended procedure.
Also, read the Beta installation on the addon content as quoted below.
“We recommend that those who wish to test with us ensure your sim content is located in a custom path before joining the flight to avoid full reinstallations in the future (Details on how to do this can be found [here.]) ([HOW-TO] Change the installation path of installed packages inc community folder)”