Xbox button mapping

Hi everyone,

I was trying to re-map my Xbox controller buttons to gain better control over things like mixture, prop pitch and breaks etc.

I’m aiming to use the B, Y and X buttons as toggles for throttle, pitch and mixture respectively, and then using the direction buttons (up down) to make adjustments. This works for pitch and mixture but not the throttle.

Oddly, this setup only works for the throttle when I have the cursor toggled on but not when it’s off.

I’ve spent time identifying any possible conflicts and have removed other functions tied to the X button but it persists. It makes flying multiengined aircraft very difficult and makes the startup tedious in having to point and click at each individual controller.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this and why this might be happening?

Thank you.

Tacit…

While I am by no means an expert, I think you’re trying to map things that would normally be on an “axis” to a simple button push. Axes usually provide a range of control while buttons are usually for toggling… ON, OFF.

About the only thing I use my Xbox controller for now is Slew and Drone…but then I’m using a Velocity yoke, TQ and rudders so I have many additional controls to map to.

Check out Axair… https://www.laptime.nl/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product They make a couple of controllers that are USB plug-n-play and take the place of any keyboard profile you might have on your Controls page. Most ALL of their stuff IS Xbox compatible and while each unit comes with pre-designated mapping, individual controls can be remapped at your discretion.

They’re a bit behind on their manufacturing and orders for the moment but I’ve heard nothing but great things from others who already have one or more units. LOL…allows us second cousin console users a bit of a chance to thumb our noses at “big brother” PC users! :wink:

Thank you for this advice.