[XBOX] [c152 dr400 and more] Avionics bug on some planes on xbox

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

is there a dev mode on xbox?

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes three times, the problem reappears each time, I have the impression that it is impossible to directly delete the addons, only to uninstall them, when I delete everything and reinstall, all the files are directly installable (but not installed) without downloading. Is there a clean way to uninstall? I can’t delete the files from the content manager I have to uninstall everything at once via the xbox storage application

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

152 Cessna 172, Dr400, Cap10, Da62, Da40, Tbm930, King air, Vl-3

Brief description of the issue:

hello, I’m doing this post a little in distress, I have a huge bug on a lot of planes (not tested on g1000 yet, but the bug doesn’t seem to exist on the liners)

as soon as I try to pick up a vor, it works for a few seconds then the avionics starts messing around. on cessna 152 the CDI flags and everything flashes (the gauges, the radio, etc.) the essential instruments work

https://youtu.be/TkYYlUoLsUg

on the robin dr400, same as for the cessna

https://youtu.be/SFoe-of6yII

on robin cap10 it’s even worse, everything works, as soon as I switch the active frequency to the vor, it works for a few seconds then all the instruments lock up and flag (artificial horizon, compass, altimeter)

https://youtu.be/-Y5HrJvkzEA

I specify that I am on XBOX, that necessarily all that I installed comes from the marketplace, and that I never had this bug before (but I did not use the vor)
the only thing that I changed recently is that to save space on my disk I deleted the downloadable contents and reinstalled the essentials, and I specify that I do not have much space left on the disk (10gb approx)

to reproduce this bug (if possible) just put a vor nearby, from the moment it picks up, the bug appears a few seconds later

list of devices that have the problem:
Cessna
152 Cessna 172
Dr400
Cap10
Da62
Da40
Tbm930
King air
Vl-3

list of devices that work perfectly:
Cessna grand caravan
Cessna cj4
Pc6 b2h2
Pc6 b2h4 (g950)
Ou
Bonanza
Airbus a320
B747

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled 3 times, I’m lost, it’s not the addons the game is vanilla, the dr400 is the most affected But not the only one, I don’t know what to do, I tried everything

I was advised to make a post on a particular plane the dr400, but no it is a much larger and much more serious bug than simply a plane that is messing up
I wonder if all the planes that bug are not made by the same studio or with the same language and the others are not

and if someone XBOX player could try to reproduce the bug…

take off at LFMN with c152, take a heading of 100° and pass the nav frequency 113.0 on the main frequency with an OBS at 100°

around 3500ft after about 2min, the nav/com should bug for identical conditions. but i tried elsewhere and it’s the same

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

RESOLVED

I solved the bug by erasing the entire console and restoring the factory settings

I invite the developers, however, to investigate this bug which can be dramatic and which I think does not come from the addons

I may have a track, this bug did not appear in after installing an addons, my game was perfectly stable even after installing the latest (world update and ATR)

on the other hand, having needed space on the disk (to install another game) and after having had trouble completely erasing some addons, I had tried to delete the game to partially reinstall it

and now that I think about it this bug appeared at that time, and since even re-deleting the game several times, it is impossible to fix the bug, except by formatting the console entirely, I’m starting to think that it’s because of a bad uninstallation which would leave corrupted files, and if so it is a problem because it is difficult to uninstall the game properly on xbox

thanks to the moderators

1 Like

re: the bug came back, and this time nothing to do I want to throw the console out the window, I reinstalled the game, reset the console twice nothing to do

we think we have understood the problem with the Microsoft after-sales service but it is even more serious, for information the console goes to after-sales service because of that, the game leaves hidden files impossible to delete on the console (without extracting the hard disk and the format on pc)

I play on xbox serie S, I should have about 500gb (a little less) if I uninstall everything, but when I reset the console or delete the game (it’s the same, the result is the same) I always find myself with 364gb instead of 500.

there is exactly 136gb missing which has vanished, but the game is 130gb (the 6gb is the OS or wear and tear)

I deduced from it and Microsoft thinks the same thing as me (hence the fair that it goes into warrenty) MSFS has left hidden files which disturb the game and which are impossible to delete without professional tools

this confirms my hypothesis, it happened when I uninstalled and reinstalled the game to save space. in other words, THE GAME IS DANGEROUS FOR THE EQUIPMENT

I tried to reproduce the bug in a Cessna 152 on Xbox but was not able to do so. I don’t fly VOR much and so had to go through the procedures shown in a YouTube video from a guy I trust (have used dozens of his videos to learn MSFS). The behavior you describe did not appear.

I don’t think it’s such a good idea to try to reproduce it, the xbox is damaged because of this and will be repaired

I thought it was related to the vor this bug makes impossible the vor, but in fact not. it happens even when you don’t even try to pick up the vor

if your console is still under warranty or you can open it to take out the SSD (nvme m2 2230 format) you can try to reproduce it but at your own risk

the bug appeared after I couldn’t get out of it with the content manager, I completely deleted the game from the console and then reinstalled it, if you want to try anyway,

“manage game and addons” > flight simulator > unselect all (msfs, offline mode, addon support)

then reinstall, the game is clearly guilty, but not only and Microsoft very badly manage storage management, then either you play under the conditions I gave earlier, or you go to settings>system>storage device, and you tell me if you are not short of memory (approx 130gb) I am not talking about memory free but out of memory altogether, example

the xbox serie S is 500gb, if I uninstall everything on the console I should have 480-490gb available

I see that 136gb is missing while the memory is supposed to be empty (364gb in total instead of almost 500)

my English as a translator being limited I hope not to be too confused

SSD hard drives wear out over time, but the console is 6 months old 136gb less it’s impossible, the disk is altered, and since 136gb is missing and msfs is 130gb, I’m sure it’s related to the game, and Microsoft confirmed to me that it’s not normal for so much memory to disappear

I am sorry you are having this problem. I was trying to help you, but I don’t plan to do anything to my console, like removing the SSD. My console and MSFS seems to be working fine, so I don’t want to tamper with it.

Good luck!

1 Like

I just had an idea that could explain why some planes work and others don’t

(except airbus which still has bugs, but less serious). all the planes that don’t work, that have fatal bugs are planes that I’ve been using since the beginning

at first I thought it only affected analog planes. then I realize that some analogs work, some g1000 (or g3xxx g9xx g4xx) do not work

I note that the only common point between all the planes that work is that I have never used them (used to test the bug only or landing challenge) or used very recently (so after the first uninstallation / reinstallation which broke everything)

on the other hand, the planes affected by the bug are the planes I used the most.

we know that the game has probably been uninstalled incorrectly and that there is a hidden copy on the disk I think there must be some kind of file that is created the first time you use a device (configuration or texture , I don’t know) , and it may be this file that is interfering.

if a developer can confirm that this kind of file exists (to invalidate or not, the hypothesis)?

if microsoft/asobo wants to avoid this kind of problem in the future, the simplest and most effective would be to publish a clean and well-defined uninstallation procedure on console I think it would not be complicated to do

this is my last guess, the console is going to after-sales service today, I will still come back in a few weeks to confirm that if the SSD is formatted or changed, the bug has disappeared (or not :grinning:)

Thank you

you are totally right, be careful uninstalling the game if you want to save space one day

I hope the service of your machine eliminates the problem!

1 Like

After having uninstalled the livery mods, the light issue has gotten somewhat better, but its not fixed. Landing/Taxi lights still not working as they should. Physically, they are on when toggled, but cannot see anything on the pavement at night when taxiing and or landing. Also, the Nav/Strobe lights ect are still broken, though a bit better. For example. Using the Cessna 208 Caravan the past two days after receiving this response, the nav lights in the wings, I can see the color, but its not on the light at the tip. Its in the wing a little bit, on both sides of the aircraft, and, as stated, its this way on most of the aircraft. I have done all I can. Little things like this should have a fix. I guess I am stuck playing a broken game,(my favorite game) especially a simulator. This is the issue I am having. This is on the XBOX Series X.

1 Like

imagine that I found the solution to my problem last night by accident, I was going to make a post soon but since your problem (while being different) is very similar to yours I hurry. what controller are you using that has something to do with this? I shoot screenshots and I make a long answer post

Hello news, I think I solved the problem!!! And even to have understood it

So as not to keep you waiting, this is a controller compatibility problem…. And not just any controller, the famous thrusmaster TCA Airbus sidestick

After having tried everything, reinstalling 5-6 times, resetting the console 3-4 times, sending it to the after-sales service in Germany and bringing it back, I even changed the console last week (a bit by magical thought, of course, but I went from the S series to the X series to have more storage above all, the 364gb of the S not enough)

In my opinion it is not a control mapping problem but a bug, at the hardware level for the price nothing to say, at the software level…… you have to know that the xbox system is very closed we have no calibration tool, no way to update, we have to hope that the compatibility is good

Yesterday either by wanting to make engine failures in dr400 I realized that cutting engine 2 (sometimes it is engine 1) turned on the avionics and the radio again (which is not normal in single engine configuration only engine switch 1 is mapped) and thinking about it this bug appeared in the weeks / months following the purchase of the TCA quadrant, before I was on hotas one and compatibility, nothing to say, it’s shameful that a controller of this range is less compatible than a hotas one at 100€ (290€ for the airbus sidestick)

When I go into the controls only starter 2 and engine switch 2 are mapped, it shouldn’t have this effect

However when the switch is on it bugs, when you turn off the switch it comes back (videos)

I specify that all my profiles start from the standard profile with modifications for each aircraft or class of aircraft, a standard manufacturer profile should not crash the avionics if the key has never been modified

Now it would be nice if the thrusmaster and MSFS teams managed to correct the product, I almost gave up the game, and with all the energy invested, I don’t know if I would have the courage to go and report again on the thrusmaster forum.