Xbox compatibility with Honeycomb

any news on the xbox compatibility of the honeycomb flight controls?

i remember them announcing an xbox hub, and xbox compatible controllers, don’t want to buy a honeycomb yoke at the moment incase the hub never comes to light…

1 Like

Nope, nothing official yet. This can take some time still.

Don’t buy the current Yoke, it will not work, you’ll need the xpc version with Xbox hub when it eventually is launched, bravo will be compatible with the above

4th Quarter 2022

Hello,
I moved this to the Peripherals discussion.

Can you link the source of that date please

Sauce please!

Sorry for delay.
I could not remember where it was.
I only remembered the data.
I am a Beta Tester, but specifically , for the X peripherals
I think it was the Dev Road Map or another report.
The report stated that the Honeycomb compatible for X was projected for 4th quarter 2022. The coding not the peripheral.
I used that logic to conclude that’s when it will come out.

i called it…

4th quarter 2022

i hope it works awesome…

that’s 3rd quarter , not 4th

I don’t know what is going on here, but my Alpha XPC, Bravo and Hub were delivered a couple of days ago. I was not expecting them yet and certainly did not ask for a pre-release or beta unit.

The Alpha connects directly to the Series X and works beautifully, although I had to go through a few hoops to configure the switches. I really expected that to be plug and play. I expected the Landing Lights switch to operate the Landing Lights, for example. Anyway I went through those hoops and now have configured the settings for the Alpha via the Options/Controls screen.

The Bravo is a different story. I connected the Bravo to the Hub which, in turn, was connected to the “Hub” port on the back of the Alpha. There are no lights or any other indication the Bravo is even connected!

Setting up for the simplest configuration, I loaded up the Cessna 152. Then calling up the Controls screen I could see options for Keyboard, Mouse and Alpha Yoke but no option for the Bravo configuration. It was all just as if it was not connected at all. And yes, I checked connections according to the manual.

Er, change of subject here…. The manuals for the Alpha and for the Hub are printed in the smallest font I have ever seen. Ever. I use reading glasses here but can easily read everything else. But for these Honeycomb manuals I had no option but to go find a magnifying glass to see what they were saying.

Where was I? Oh yes, the Bravo. As there was no Bravo option in the MSFS Controls Options, I could not attempt to configure anything. But would you believe, the Throttle worked! Yes Throttle 1, but with the 152, I only used one. The Mixture axis didn’t work though. Just the throttle. I loaded up the 172 which has an autopilot to check the various AP switches but as you might expect, nothing else works on the Bravo and there does not appear to be anything I can do about it.

Some people might say I have to download some drivers or other software from Honeycomb. I don’t know how to do that on the Xbox.

Anyway, it seems obvious I have one of the first XPC/Bravo/Hub units available from Honeycomb so I guess it will be resolved. Soon, I hope.

1 Like

Following your experience with the utmost eagerness! You in the US? Did you order right from Honeycomb? Get a shipping notification? Cool that it showed up!

Bummer about the Bravo. Wondering how much time you’ve had to spend in troubleshooting this unresponsiveness and if you’ve made any headway.

It does seem like you’re the very first to post about this and a lot of Xbox simmers have it on preorder and have been waiting patiently for this kit, so on behalf of that subset of simmers, any other contributions you could make to this thread would be so much appreciated.

Any other impressions, videos, pics, anything? Thanks for sharing!

Hi,
In my enthusiasm, I have double posted a bit. So I will keep further comments in just one place - Facebook Honeycomb Control Users Group - HoneyComb Flight Control Users Group | Facebook

Hope that is the right link?

BTW I preordered on 16th June with the Australian Honeycomb Distributor.

Tony

I’m the same boat Tony, am also Australian. I couldn’t even get the switches on the alpha to work properly, when I was trying to assign it wouldn’t recognise the button all the time or hang the game until I pushed the Xbox button.

While some things work on default buttons, it looks like more often than not they do not work properly.

Have you noticed for a brief second when plugging the in bravo the top button backlights flash on very briefly before going off?

I’m wondering if there is an update to the game required to fix some of the issues.

No, I didn’t notice the flash on the Bravo. But that is hardly good enough for a Status indicator.

Yes, I am sure we will see some updates coming through, once they get a few thousand new testers/users.

Just a brief note, after discussing some issues with my new Alpha XPC and Bravo ….

The local distributors have made a slight mistake and sent the new XPC etc before it is officially released. Honeycomb have some software updates in the pipeline which should address some or most of the issues I have.

So, let’s wait for the official updates before we go any further.

1 Like

Thank you for another update! Any timeline given for these software updates?

No, no dates offered, but from other publicly available info, I would expect it to be weeks rather than months.

Possibly coinciding with MSFS SU10 update???

1 Like

I have this also on pre order, the shipping date of September 15th has come and gone but not had any confirmation of shipping just yet, very much looking forward to taking delivery of this unit :grinning:

Hoping we hear something today. They, uh, have my money, so.