Xbox compatibility with Honeycomb

It took me hours to sort this - it will try your patience and you have my sympathy. The hub and Bravo do work but it’s not straightforward and it’s not intuitive at all.

Out of the box the bravo can appear not be connected at all. There are no lights and moving throttles doesn’t seem to work. I tried re connecting several times (I almost gave up thinking the hub was faulty) when I realised that one throttle lever was working. Also the Bravo doesn’t always connect - it can be fine then on next start up nothing - it’s very hit and miss. You just need to restart again and it will work eventually!

Once you know that it’s definitely connected as one lever works (there are no lights - these do not yet work on XBox as an update is needed first which is yet to happen) mapping can begin. Trying to work out the numbers for the various throttles and buttons is trial and error. At some point I may have a go at labelling them but on XBox I found that nothing matched any numbered diagram I could find for PC and most You Tube videos were for set up on a PC.

The good news is once connected I found the gear lever and most of the Autopilot buttons corresponded to the aircraft (a320 and Cirrus) I fly most often.

I’d recommend:

1. Keep trying to get a connection till you find one of the throttle (mine was the left middle lever) on the default airbus. Go into a flight and move the throttle
  2. Once connected use trial and error to map the other throttle levers and flap controls - you can save this as a new profile don’t delete the original profile rename when prompted.

Don’t expect any lights on the Bravo to illuminate they may flash on and off briefly when connecting.

This isn’t what we expect from a plug and play device it’s frustrating and long winded but it does work (Mainly) - I don’t think you’ll find any support direct from Honeycomb there customer service is largely absent sadly. Hang in there!