Xbox Controller Can't Bind A + Up(dpad) or A + Down(dpad) to function

Using xbox controller, I’m not able to bind the combination A button + Up dpad or A button + Down dpad. I can bind A button + Left or Right dpad just fine.

It also appears that any triple key combination that has in it A + Up(dpad) or A + Down(dpad) will not work. For example, if I try a combination A + B + Up(dpad) that will also not work, or A + X + Up(dpad) will also not work.

For example, if I want to bind “increase flaps” to A + Up(dpad), I cannot do it. Or if I want to bind “increase flaps” to A + B + Up(dpad), I’m not able. But if I want to bind “Increase flaps” to B + Up(dpad), I can.

Hi @RogueSteward,
What xbox controller are you using? Flaps, should already be configured on most - xbox one or newer.

Above each trigger is a button. Left button is for incremental flaps up. Right, incremental flaps down.

If you are changing these assignments, you’ll need to delete the defaults. I have notice, like you wrote, that some of these multiple button combinations don’t register.

However, I’ve never tried duplicating the default controller and removing all assignments and start over with my own.

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I’m not using default controls and I already deleted all default assignments completely and started my own from scratch before I started this thread. I don’t like the default controls and wanted to make my own. This isn’t about the “increase flaps” bind. This bug occurs whether I try to bind “increase flaps” or something else like “toggle ifr view” to A + Up(dpad) or A + down (dpad).

I’m glad you have noticed that some combination binds don’t register. It’s odd that A + Up or Down (dpad) doesn’t work but B + Up or Down (dpad) does.

That’s why I wrote this. :slight_smile:

I’ve seen it elsewhere on the forum from other users too - not specific to only the xbox controller. It seems that there are some bindings that won’t work with a multiple combination. If I recall correctly, it’s more on some joysticks - but that could be that most use that rather than the xbox controller.

I’m sure it’s not a bug, but rather it hasn’t been coded. But I can’t say for 100% certainty.

You could submit a zendesk on it as a bug. If they respond as “Solved” - that means it is a bug and they know about it. Any other response from them, resubmit it as a “Feedback & Feature Request”.

Yeah, since there are so many bindings in this game, button combinations are really important. I use XYAB as shift, and bind things like X + Up or Y + Up, or even X + Y + Up(dpad) so I can get as many binds as possible using the controller. It’s just weird that all those buttons work just fine but A + Up (dpad) or A + Down (dpad) or any combination that has that in it like X + A + Up (dpad) won’t work. I was hoping to make the A button a shift for trim controls, so I was hoping to make A + Up (dpad) an elevator trim, just like I make A + Right (dpad) aileron trim right.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.