XBox Controller Not Detected by MSFS 2020

I have used an XBox wired USB controller in the past to operate the drone in MSFS 2020. I haven’t used it in some time and when I tried it today, I discovered it is not listed among the controllers in MSFS 2020. Windows 10 sees it and I can test it using the Game Controllers function in Windows settings. Another program, Spad.next also sees the controller. I’ve looked at past posts on the issue but did not see an answer. Is there some setting I have to change in order to get the simulator to detect the controller? I have tried connecting the controller to both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports.

I know this doesn’t help but I have the same issue.

1 Like

To troubleshoot why MSFS 2020 isn’t recognizing your XBox wired USB controller, try enabling the controller in the game’s settings, resetting the controller configuration, ensuring you have the latest game and driver updates, and unplugging and replugging the controller while the game is running.Or if you want to find different apps, you can go to mod game with[quote=“Cacher62, post:1, topic:580472, full:true”]
I have used an XBox wired USB controller in the past to operate the drone in MSFS 2020. I haven’t used it in some time and when I tried it today, I discovered it is not listed among the controllers in MSFS 2020. Windows 10 sees it and I can test it using the Game Controllers function in Windows settings. Another program, Spad.next also sees the controller. I’ve looked at past posts on the issue but did not see an answer. Is there some setting I have to change in order to get the simulator to detect the controller? I have tried connecting the controller to both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports.

Im not sure what you mean by “enabling the controller in the game”. When I’m in Control Options, the word Controller doesn’t appear, there is no picture of it. When I test the controller in Windows, it works fine. MSFS just doesn’t see it.

1 Like

Mary, I have the store version of MSFS 2020 running on my PC. I know of no place in “settings” to enable the Xbox gamepad. It should be showing up in the controller area lablec Controller, but it’s not. Can you be more specific?

1 Like