Xbox Controller Not Releasing Control of Flight Controls when in Cursor Mode

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

While using an Instrument View and attempting to manipulate a aircraft control (eg. tuning a radio) via Xbox controller “Cursor Mode”, the aircraft flight controls are being manipulated at the same time. This is upsetting the aircraft while in flight.

I use a Thrustmaster Boeing TCA yoke and throttles and pedals with my primary Xbox. However, during the beta, I’ve been messing around on my secondary Xbox and just using an Xbox controller with it. I do not know if this is an issue that exists outside the beta program, but I wouldn’t know since I don’t normally fly with an Xbox controller. It makes using an Xbox controller as a the sole device nearly impossible though.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Put an aircraft in flight. Switch to an Instrument View, put the controller in Cursor Mode, manipulate a control such as tuning a radio. Observe aircraft changing attitude when any control is manipulated that shares its function with flight controls (thumbstick, triggers).

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series X with Xbox controller.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

No.
Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

when you press the left stick to use ATC or any other menu option, the throttles idle back to zero

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I just jumped on to my Xbox that I don’t normally fly the sim on and tried using the Xbox controller only and this is still is going on.

For instance, I used the default control method to switch to the overhead “Instrument View” to toggle off the landing lights after takeoff and after clicking the left stick to go into “cursor mode” the flight controls were still being manipulated as I moved the cursor and manipulated the landing light switches. When I clicked the right stick to return to the default view, the aircraft was upside down and diving toward the earth.

Seriously, how can anyone control the sim with just the Xbox controller?

Needless to say I went and fetched my Hotas One…

1 Like

Moved to #bugs-and-issues:hardware.

Do any of you also have the impression that the problem with the controller has become worse with the SU 11 beta? As often as I had to bring the Airbus 320 today “back on track” I had very long time no more. The problem was never gone, but by far not as bad as currently.

by the way, this also happens in autopilot mode

1 Like