XBOX controller not working in Cloud Gaming version (already tried resetting to default)

Hello,

I usually play the game on PC but I wanted to try the cloud version (so I can use it on my balcony) but I can’t get further than the first screen where I should select the accessibility options. I have that mouse cursor on the top left of the screen but can’t move it.

If I try it on my PC (via Edge browser and also the XBOX app) I can’t do anything but press X for setting to default and when I’m asked to confirm I can only press B. I can’t navigate around.

If I try it on my mobile phone I get that round cursor in the middle of the screen when I should “press to start” but it is gone in the accessibility screen and I can’t do anything there, too (besides that pressing X and then B I already described).

I already reset my ingame settings on my local PC version to default (all 3 keyboard, mouse and controller) but it doesn’t seem to help. I don’t want to wipe my whole cloud save games just to play it sometimes when I’m not using my PC.

Greetings

1 Like

Stupid question may be: you have your Xbox controller correctly attached to your PC… or Smartphone? I used Bluetooth to hook it up. :thinking:

Hey, thank you. Yeah, I found the problem but can’t solve it: I had the possibility to press the continue button and are in the main menu now and I see that the controller profile is not set to default. So it seems like a cloud sync problem (I also had that warning once but never again since). So I would need an option to force the sync and it would work.

Don’t have a clue then what you could do. All I know btw. that since I tried fs2020 through the cloud for a couple of minutes (Laptop plus Xbox controller) my whole install (XBox) is messed up: for example the rolling cache settings are gone and the complete content and airports from the base sim version are there but no longer listed in the content manager. So I cannot for example delete any of the default (MS/Asobo) airports that came with the base version. I’d need to do this in order to solve a conflict between a base airport and its 3rd party counterpart. In short: I gave up on the cloud as the XBox controller is the only supported device (apart from the keyboard) and I’m not good at steering a plane using the controller.

Anyone solved this? My friend has same issue and I’ve tried to delete his controller profile on my pc logged in as his gamepass, set to default, but when he logs into cloud gaming he still can’t use controller?

Hello,

I know I’m really late but the fix was to not just go into a self planned flight (I thought that’s enough) but you have to do a mission like a landing challenge, so that the game triggers the cloud save with the changes you made (on your pc before going to cloud). So reset to default, do a landing challenge with it and it should work via cloud gaming.