[XBox] CTD on Start Up after installation of the WU IX Italy

So just did a fresh reinstall of MSFS and installed all add-on content EXCEPT WU9. And i still get CTD on every startup. This might not be WU9 exactly. Dont they usually update most of the other WU’s the same day a new WU releases? Im wondering if one of the older WU’s got bricked being updated causing the CTD’s on initial load?

Going to try one WU at a time and see what happens

1 Like

happens to me too

my question is, how does this actually make it through QA?

1 Like

I experienced this as well shortly before the loading screen ctd. Very strange.

I haven’t installed any WU since erasing it all and it’s working for me. I just installed the plane add-ons and some marketplace scenery.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

After installing World Update 9 on Cloud Gaming, after any CTD you are unable to get back into the Simulator at all, as it CTD’s shortly after pressing ‘Any button to Start’. There is no ability to ‘Reset’ the Cloud Gaming instance to a clean slate, so you are unable to ever use the simulator again!

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• Launch MSFS via Cloud Gaming
  • Install World Update 9
  • Make any number of flights, until you eventually CTD (Unexpectedly Quit)

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A - Cloud gaming via Xbox Application on any PC

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

After installing World Update 9 on Cloud Gaming, after any CTD you are unable to get back into the Simulator at all, as it CTD’s shortly after pressing ‘Any button to Start’. There is no ability to ‘Reset’ the Cloud Gaming instance to a clean slate, so you are unable to ever use the simulator again!

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• Install World Update 9
  • Make any number of flights, until you eventually CTD (Unexpectedly Quit)

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A - Cloud gaming via Xbox Application on any PC

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

2 Likes

That’s good. But I mean, how could they not be aware, right? :wink:

3 Likes

Fresh Reinstall
ONLY installed WU9 (working my way backwards). After a CTD in the world map then again trying to load a flight. The game is loading into the main menu and flying in Italy no problem.

Going to try WU8 and so on.

UPDATING
Ok now after downloading, restarting, and flying every WU one by one, I have every WU installed including 9. No 3rd party downloads. Game is working fine and loading fine. So i dont know. Im just going to be happy with whats working now and not do anything else lol

Title edited to reflect original posting and current focus is on XBox.

1 Like

Fun!

The sim started for me last night, but this AM crashed repeatedly during one of the splash screens.

Impressive!

Clearing Reserved Space got it to launch.

I’m quite thankful I do not have an ISP with monthly data limits…

2 Likes

I fully reinstalled the game twice and I still can’t get over the loading screen. I seriously don’t know what to do.
Playing on Series S

I tried this and it worked for me.

I was amazed to see World Update IX still available in the Marketplace. If I ran into this problem many hours after it was discovered the WU was causing problems and the only workaround was to re-download 40+ gb of data, I’d be beyond angry!

1 Like

So reinstalled msfs and only downloaded the UK world update no crashing at the loading screen as of yet, however when creating a flight plan and loading the flight the avionics will not turn on once there is power supply to the aircraft eventually the game will CTD. I’m lost for words at how bad the sim stability is, how a company can release this mess and not see an issue is a big concern.

1 Like

@Jummivana i can help, and you guys can have my xbox info.

i am not having ctd right now though.

So after a full reinstall, everything broke again. Just can’t load to the menu. Honestly I give up. I’ll try later next weekend.

Not sure if I ask my lawyer about the hundreds of euros I spent on add-ons that I can’t use if it’s even legal at this state.

1 Like

Any news? I am still suffering from this issue, do I have to do something or just wait for an update? If so, when is there a rough time for an update?

Is anyone on xbox having this problem or is it only a handful of people?

BTW, thank Asobo and Microsoft for the continue reminder and demostration that xbox is inferior in almost every way compared to a PC. I’m starting to think it was an awful purchase, even for the relatively low price.

I cleared the sim’s Reserved Space and booted the sim. It automatically reinstalled the Deluxe & Premium content and have installed nothing else.

The sim is performing remarkably well for me. I’m thinking I won’t install anything except maybe a couple of add-on aircraft that I love.

2 Likes

Well… the whole point for me was to fly over italy and see some of the new hand-made airports, but I’ll try that and see if it doesn’t crash after I reinstall WU9 and my plane add-ons, I can live without other countries for now

Has anyone on XB when loading MS got any further than the new “NEW ACTIVITIES” screen? I have had 3 attempts and all crashed on this screen