[XBox] CTD on Start Up after installation of the WU IX Italy

Our team will have an update for you about this bug by tomorrow’s Dev Update - it is our top priority to get this fixed as soon as possible so those stuck in a CTD will be able to play. Progress on this issue is good, and we are so sorry to those who are unable to launch at this time.

Just a reminder to those who are choosing to use the workaround, that clearing the reserved space also deletes:

• Installs from marketplace
  • Rolling cache
  • Bush trip saves
  • Graphic setting for HDR
  • Local profile–data options
  • Traffic settings

Definitely do not recommend it if you do not want to lose this data, but I understand that some people would like to play the sim today.

17 Likes

Thank you for all!
Do you think this fix can also eliminate “mouse freezing” on menu which lead often to CTD?

Just wanted to say thanks for the update. It’s appreciated. :+1:

1 Like

Just curious did this fix the navigational issues we were discussing in the other thread since SU9 as well? Or just the CTD?

I cannot say, for sure, since I have not done enough IFR flights to verify.

I can say that the two identical KSBP to KOAK flights I just flew were navigationally correct.

(The only difference between the two was WU2 not installed and then WU2 installed.)

1 Like

Did this.

Spain was good this evening with my 737 bredok.

Flew from Alicante to Leco . Msfs flight plan was good but the last part of the approach was missing on the flight plan sheet but not in the eicas .

Do you know if original WU9 will have to be already installed before this update ?

Because in my case , i have uninstalled it

Thanks

1 Like

Interesting, maybe I’ll give it a try (blowing away reserved space and just installing base packages) and see if I have any success. I’ll note any findings in the nav related thread you started after I do. This almost makes me wonder if we are having memory issues (in terms of populating the world map with flight data), if deleting WU’s makes things better. Will check it out.

My STAR info disappeared today at KDFW. KSAN works. Currently on my way to KOAK. I find the RNAV approaches to be working better than ILS in the A320.

1 Like

Shouldn’t these items be saved in the cloud like other game saves? Would it be possible to save these in the cloud at a later stage?

2 Likes

I delete my reserved space and don’t download the world updates in flying again

Are you also considerong/fixing the issue for Xcloud?

The only way to get the game loaded is to delete your save data.

Got the game loaded and completed a single flight with no issues. Second flight - following completion of a flight plan and clicking Fly - caused the game to crash. (Did not install the Italy world update).

Had five full days of this and I’ve had enough.

Real shame.

Given the fact the bug prevents players from ever reaching the menu screen, they will not be able to download a patched WU9 when it does come out.

Deleting the Reserved Space may be the only solution to get players into a position where they can ever correct this problem.

6 Likes

Voted and I am on PC. You guys are having it tough.

8 Likes

I was wondering the same thing, but doesn’t the “checking for new updates” screen come before the “New Activities” (where all of us crash)? So if they release a patch, won’t the sim update without needing to go to the main menu? Or am I mistaken? Otherwise I will delete the reserved space now and see if that works for the time being.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same problem here. Sim worked fine day 1, but day 2 it won’t load on Xbox series x. Problem might be your testing team not testing after launch day…test day 1, day 2, day 3, etc…data not synching after overnight loading of the data. My wife works as a project manager and encounters this with the team in mumbai where she works.

1 Like

I think there’s a good chance the fix will be in the sim code, in which case there will be a new version and the xbox store will install it before you even run the game. If so anyone who is currently bricked should be able to recover without deleting anything.

1 Like

Please see this latest update from Microsoft:

I don’t have any further details, I’m just passing this along for convenience in case readers miss the announcement alert.

3 Likes