Xbox does not download/install my MSFS

Zendesk Ticket Numbers 108312 (earlier 108229)
Microsoft Store on Xbox acknowledges my ownership of MSFS Premium Delux but does not appear to be moving to install regardless of how long I wait.
My MSFS was running on this PC just fine for months (including in the VR mode) until MSFS’s latest update (when it no longer launched).
Per Zendesk’s receipe, I ran the cleanup as Administrator under the PowerShell.

It’s not released yet.

1 Like

MS FS 2020 coming to Xbox on the 27th of July.

Another GameStop victim

2 Likes

I believe he’s referring to the xbox app as he mentions it was running in his pc prior to the last update.

@MajesticSheep0,
Assure Windows is up to date. Have you tried to Repair the xbox app from Windows 10 settings?

1 Like

I have similar problem, msfs loads halfway then quits , X box live says logged out and I cannot log in, I can log into my acct no problem, just x box live not working, checked status of x box , site says up and running ,

Hi @FretfulCamera15,
Your problem “may” be different than the OP.

Have a look at some of these search results:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?context=category&context_id=200&q=Xbox%20live&skip_context=false

W10 is up to date.
Per FS Support’s response to my tickets, I went through the following steps MULTIPLE times. No effect: i.e. FS does not install from XBox/MS Store (and there are no other avenues to install it from.)

1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:
    Get-AppxPackage gamingservices -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

3. In the same window, type the following commands and press Enter:
    Remove-Item -Path “HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices” -recurse
    Remove-Item -Path “HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet” -recurse

4. Restart your device.

5. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

6. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

7. Install the app on that page, and then select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt. (NO MEANINGFUL EVENTS HAPPEN)

8. Try to install or launch the game again. (DOES NOT RESPOND TO INSTALL. I HAVE SUBMITTED SCREENSHOTS AND ERROR CODES TO THE SUPPORT)
    I’d be surprised if MSFS development team is not aware of this issue as I see similar complaints everywhere.

So following those steps, in essence you were asked to remove the Gaming Services services, reboot, then re-install them?

Have you confirmed by eye that you have both of those services re-installed, and running. There are a couple of ways of doing this.

1. From a command prompt, ensuring they are both there, and their “STATE” is “RUNNING”:

sc query GamingServices

SERVICE_NAME: GamingServices
        TYPE               : 210  WIN32_PACKAGED_PROCESS
        STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

sc query GamingServicesNet

SERVICE_NAME: GamingServicesNet
        TYPE               : 210  WIN32_PACKAGED_PROCESS
        STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0
  1. You can use Powershell:

Get-Service Gaming*

Status   Name               DisplayName
------   ----               -----------
Running  GamingServices     Gaming Services
Running  GamingServicesNet  Gaming Services
  1. From the “services.msc” MMC snap-in:

Fret if i read correct you can’t click on the login button for the xbox app ?
run MSFS till you get to the login screen , Then hold ALT + Enter , now you can click the login button.

MSFS loads half way then that picture of my login name appears and when I open that I can choose which alais I want to sing in to X Box live. It does not matter which one i choose to sign in the message that comes up is the same. ( Error Access to the content servers is currently unavailable. Please ensure you have an active internet connection and try again later. Please visit https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com for additional help) did that went through all the troubleshooting, networking checks etc. have spent hours trying to resolve with no luck. Some places it says X Box Live is having problems .others say it is up and running.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016892819-Access-to-the-content-servers-is-currently-unavailable-error-message-Microsoft-Store-version-

Thanks, I will see how it goes.

1 Like

Hi to all that responded, I shut off windows defender and the anti virus program I have installed,then went to X box live and had to sign out several times before it actually did sign out and the rebooted comp then restart flight simulator. X box never did ask me to sign in again and I have started and shut down msfs 6 times now with no problems. I am thinking the problem was in windows defender not allowing the connection and would not allow itself to be corrected no matter what I did to it. That probably screwed up X box. Thanks to all

1 Like