XBox Forum for FS2020?

I moved from PC to Xbox for FS2020 - the sim is the same, but controlling the sim is very different on Xbox. The standard controller is almost useless. (I found that I had to buy the Thrustmaster Joystick, and plug in a mouse to make the sim usable on Xbox.)

I am curious about why there isn’t a thread devoted to Xbox issues. I have gotten help by asking about Xbox, but the thread is hidden in the much larger discussion of the PC version.

2 Likes

PC and Xbox has a lot of common issues because it’s basically the same codebase.

2 Likes

I use a Hotas, keyboard and controller on my Xbox.
Works very fine for me.

3 Likes

Hi!
This has been brought up before and responded best by one of the Community Managers in this (now closed) topic and is something they are in discussion about:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-make-a-completely-separate-forum-for-xbox-users/335105

“Thanks for the suggestions! We plan on only separating out potential bugs/issues with a tag pc xbox and will assess the need for any future categories more Xbox-related in a few weeks after we see how much of a need there is for it. The goal is to be one community.”

The goal has been to keep this all one community:

• The Skies are Open for All - Everyone is welcome to Microsoft Flight Simulator regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, or creed.
  • One World, One Community - No matter how you play – regardless of console, experience level, or reason – we are one community of aviation lovers.
  • Follow Your Checklist - Adhere to the set of rules from each community space. Skipping a checklist item can ground a flight quickly.
  • A Pilot is a Pilot - Welcome new pilots to the community with respect, and seek to have positive experiences with your fellow pilots.
  • Your Cabin Crew is there for your safety - Respect all moderators as they are there to ensure everyone has a safe journey. Anyone who does not follow the Standard Operating Procedures will be asked to disembark the flight.
2 Likes