Xbox Game Pass to Steam

Hello everybody,
have tested the game through the Xbox Game Pass (Microsoft Store) and now I want to buy the game in Steam.
Will the 90GB be downloaded again or can I set it to use the existing data?
Is there anything to consider when moving?

I recently experienced, Steam and MSStore data storage will have different path

1 Like

Hello,
I have just gone through the same process. You can transfer the game files quite well, as described here (Moving FS to another PC).

But I have the problem that my profile is like new, no achievements, no control settings, no settings in general and the friends I had in the XBOX app are not displayed.
Is it at least possible to restore the settings and achievements?

most likely not since the Xbox achievement system has nothing to do with steam achievements. Settings possibly if you can find where they are saved and copy them over.

Is it possible to migrate the logbook? I haven’t found the file of the XBOX variant or the path to the logbook file. I only know the one from the Alpha.
But what I need even more urgently is the assignment of the peripherals. This would not be comprehensible if it was not possible to migrate them.
By the way, I had discovered that you can take over the status of the wilderness flights.
Just copy from (XBOX) “AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS” to (Steam) “AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS”.