Xbox Launch Week

And so it begins. 97.24 GB of update just started hitting my Xbox, so if it’s not hitting yours (if on Xbox) it should soon.

Anyone else here taking part on Xbox that is also new to this (isn’t already a PC simmer)? Or are people here mostly those with MSFS on PC already that also have an Xbox?

Anything else you have planned ahead of July 27th (8.00am Pacific time) and do you plan to jump in Day One? :grinning:

12 Likes

I’d guess that up until the XBox launch it’s safe to say this site has been mostly PC crowd but no idea how many also have XBox.

I bet we see an influx of XBox users soon, though. Will be interesting to see how it all goes.

3 Likes

Please see:

5 Likes

Question: Did you purchase the standard edition?

I have both … not intending to use my Xbox for this but hope it works out for those who plan to use theirs.

2 Likes

asking for a friend
*dont really know how its working because I have it on Steam

if he wants it with the Xbox pass, can he preload now, or preload is only for full purchase?

1 Like

I did go ‘full in’ with the top version. As I’d bought a HOTAS and Rudder Pedals, I was kind of committed to this (and I did enjoy the Windows 95 vversion). :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Would be interesting to know if the Game Pass version is also downloading.

MSFS was one on the four reasons I bought the Xbox series x over PS5, upgrading from ps4pro. So this had better be good before I drop $100 on the premium digital, then a boat load more on peripherals when we get more info. Looking forward to seeing what this 12Tflops and 4K HDR OLED gets you.

2 Likes

So excited for this. I’ll be switching from low-end PC to Xbox Series X as my main platform. I’m so pleased that Microsoft are bringing a full flight sim to consoles for the first time. I think we may be surprised at just how well the game is received by console gamers - landing (no pun) as it does at a time when travel is still restricted for so many. It’s the perfect time for it to launch and really resonate with a much wider audience.

Hopefully we’ll get some previews or longer gameplay footage between now and Tuesday.

5 Likes

Game pass is downloading. Just took me 30 mins to do it. If you click on the game it loads in more now and you can move the cursor around with the left thumb stick.

1 Like

hehehehe progress! Can’t wait for the launch :smiley:

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea if there are new flight sticks launching along with the Xbox release?

In detail, there is 2 files:

• Base game
  • World offline mode

Is there a impact if not download offline mode ?

I’ve seen articles referencing others ‘coming along’. Alongside the T.Flight Xbox and the Hori HOTAS that get talked about a lot.

1 Like

cool, thanks!

1 Like

As a SU5 beta tester, I’ll always be under NDA but we’ve been testing this release (Xbox and PC versions as Seb said will be mostly the same) for a month. Hope you all enjoy it, Asobo has done some great work

12 Likes

I’d be very surprised if MSFS doesn’t add more joysticks to its default libraries. As an old XPlane user, it had an enormous collection of joysticks I could have used, and I was able to use at its release, MS Thrustmaster and Saitek joysticks, with the minimal of configuration needed. My advice would be to hold off buying a new joystick until a week or so after the release and see what emerges.

I wonder if there will be more to download on Tuesday seeing as the game page details say approx size is 147GB?

Anyways, I’m new here to xbox just to play this. Seems the older I get the more I’ve moved away from Battlefield and COD games and spent most of the last 18 months on PS4 playing Mud/snowrunner and the two train sim worlds…at least I won’t be limited to sticking to the rails in this. Once I found out this was coming to xbox I gave up looking for a PS5 and managed to get a Series X instead.

Pretty much took the whole of April zooming in on world maps on my ipad to come up with trips. Got a round the world one, Oceania/Asian trip and a massive one around the coast of America, Caribbean, every country in South America, back up to Latin america, west coast of America/Alaska, across Canada to Greenland, then Iceland, over to Scandinavia, down Eastern Europe into Africa and zigzagging down and back up through most countries before getting back to Spain and across to some Portuguese Atlantic islands before heading back over to St Johns in Canada and back to my local airport in New England. Most flights will be between 300 and 500 miles, so hopefully all the airports I found will be in the game. Should keep me entertained for a few months…or years :rofl:

3 Likes

i am pretty sure some companies are going to make a few more, its a big market.
that thrustmasher thing looks a bit flimsy to me.

Lovely days….

1 Like