Xbox marketplace : no new planes

Good point on the existing Carenado’s on the marketplace. That’s a shame if they are technically limited, both the Seneca and Seminole look fun to fly.

1 Like

i hope they are going to do their cessna 185.
anyway i am quite happy with the choice of aircraft i have now, i bought 9.

I use the Kodiak on a series X with the NXi. While I have had a few CTDs, mostly it works fine. Id estimate out of the past 100 flights in the Kodiak, it has CTDed, maybe 10 times and really that was mostly prior to the update. Since the update last month, I’ve only had around 3 CTDs. Personally I like having the extra capability the NXi mod has over the standard G1000. The occasional CTD is worth that extra capability IMO. The only other issue I’ve had is the topo map not coming up on the MFD. The simple fix has been to just re-start the flight. Then it works fine.

The Kodiak is the best aircraft currently available for MSFS Xbox users right now IMO. Flying out of normal airports and in flat terrain it is a breeze to fly. Take it and push its limits and you will find yourself really being challenged. Outstanding product. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend you picking one up.

6 Likes

same, never switched to the standard garmin (but i can understand we are all different dealing with CTD). I also experienced a decreased amount of crashes post iberia update

for me is the best plane hands down, nothing can even come close to it right now on xbox

the only downside is that i now can barely touch any other plane

also the immersion is top notch (even if you’re on pc i’d say) since the cargo/passenger management it’s a big deal

i really hope it’s going to set a new standard for xbox users so we can get more quality planes avoiding the wasm issue

again a huge huge thanks to the developer that brought the kodiak to the console

6 Likes

Xbox uses C++ for programming. It does not use WASM which is a web browser application code kinda like JavaScript.

1 Like

Agree 100%. Have become so comfortable with landing it in strange places and taxiing around with verve(just like you see air taxi island hoppers muscling aircraft around IRL) and not being delicate with the controls, it’s just so darn good you forget it’s a somewhat complex aircraft(versus say the snoozer Cirrus zzzzz). The passengers and ‘live’ co-pilot really seal the deal, I thought it was going to be silly but it’s ■■■■ good. You just get ‘used’ to this one and stop bothering sweating the VSI and turn rates, you just know what the plane is doing and where you are. I keep looking for more weather to try to beat me up for fun. Heavy winds and rain from Puerto Rico to Princess Julliana at night?, sure why not. You just really feel that everything that happens is your doing and become one with it.

I also keep finding myself sporting that same livery with tundra tires and the pod :wink:

Supposedly the float version is coming.

ETA: I haven’t put the NXi back on yet, I’ve been flying without photogrammetry on as everywhere I go it’s not enhanced(and makes for a muddy looking mess), and it hasn’t CTD’d in a long time, about 80% of the time into 3rd party airports.

2 Likes

The CAPRONI-VIZZOLA C-22J VENTURA is dirt cheap right now in the marketplace. A good grab for a few bucks. Strange and a bit crude inside, but a neat little bargain right now for a random add to the hangar. Just a whole lot of turning things on from a cold start, and with no autopilot it’s a whole lot of trimming in flight, I MAY break down and flip auto trim on to use to fly normally somewhere, except for maybe a few random aileron rolls…

1 Like

I thought I wanted more of them but the Kodiak has taken most of my time. The Baron and TBM are pretty great, and cover such a huge performance envelope it had better be something WAY better than a Caranado offering. I like their complete oddballs simply because of what they are, WACO and Staggerwing. I’d swing for the JF Pipers, even though they are in a VERY crowded field.

I’d love the JF Turbo Arrow. I think I saw on one of The Flying Fabio’s streams that JF were intending on putting their aircraft on xbox, but not until the wasm issue is fixed unfortunately.

1 Like

I’d like the turbo arrow on xbox too. She shudders when you turn her on. I now want this in all my birds.

With a buttkicker, all prop aircraft shudder when they start :laughing: You can even feel the doors open/close on the Kodiak.

For those of you looking at the Seminole and Seneca, I have them both. They work fine for GA, and systems all work (last time I checked) and I do use them occasionally. The annoying factor I find about them, is that the big engines on each wing obstruct any side views from the cockpit, so to see the surrounding landscape at all you have to have an elevated view out the front to see the landscape which when climbing just isn’t visible. So although I enkoy them they aren’t great for general sightseeing, good for IFR though. I’m not simming solely for sightseeing, but in the end of the day we all do like to look around a bit during a flight.

2 Likes

both are unfortunately still not available on series x.
still enjoying my kodiak in the meantime :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully that wasm issue gets fixed for you all by sim update 10 this summer, I’m trying to imagine all those aircraft ready to hit he xbox market when it does!

1 Like

I think you were also at the beginning at console, right?
I write it every time down, we need the arrows, the dc-6, for me the Concorde too, and a lot of consoleros would bei so happy.
And yes, i know, there are many more.
I am still in love with the Xbox Version, even with the small errors, i hope the wasm problem will be fixed with the Update too

Yes had the series X originally. Still watching things on the xbox development front though. If I had played other games I may have held onto it, but now on PC. Fingers crossed for the su10 fix working and these aircraft finally making it over.

Ps. Love the Arrows and Warrior, fantastic aircraft by a great developer. Probably the best aircraft in FS for learning old school IFR in.

3 Likes

I still wouldn’t buy it, as it’s meant to be not very good at all.

1 Like

No new planes? Not any more, we got Concorde!

4 Likes

Grumman JRF-6 Goose from Big Radials is on the marketplace this morning. From the reviews I’ve seen supposed to be a great aircraft, I’ll test it on xbox today.

6 Likes

I’m really waiting for the Carenado Seneca and the 337. I’d also really like the Just Flight Arrow and Archer packages. Not a lot of GA aircraft on the Xbox market place.