Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

I understand your frustration. Many do and the sooner they can isolate the issue the better.

Would be good to stumble across a workaround for these issues though. Waiting for fixes is like watching paint dry.

1 Like

I know what you mean . But I didnā€™t pay to be a tester . I tried all I could to find one . Even Asobo is stumped on this issue.

1 Like

Thats true, maybe we need to wait like a month or till the next WU to get this fixed :slightly_frowning_face:

Or next year :joy::joy: im just Flying now Without digital screensā€¦ Or i buy the f14. How stupid is that!

1 Like

Io su serie S. A volte gli schermi neri e spesso si blocca a un altitudine prima di quella impostata. Un volo su due ho questi problemi.

Mod edit:
Me on S series. Sometimes black screens and often freezes at an altitude before the one set. One in two flights I have these problems.

Yes my cockpit screens going out to on Xbox series s

1 Like

I wish Microsoft teams fixed cockpit screens going out on Xbox series x and s

1 Like

i havenā€™t had a ctd for over 1 month. and Iā€™ve never had black screens. iā€™m trying your flight from new york to chicago. which plane should i take or does it matter?

Use the a320 neo for that one

Do you suggest not buying the 777 as yet because I canā€™t do flight longer than 2 hours or is it for another reason?

Read the following thread for peopleā€™s opinions on 777.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/captainsim-releases-boeing-777-for-msfs-buyer-beware/402470/41

Just did this flight (JFK->KORD) 1hr 51min. All screens/avionics OK, did an ILS landing at 4R. Not sure why we donā€™t see the same thing happening. Same platform, same updates. Maybe different peripherals, add ons, different displays, but not much else unless our XBoxes are different somehow, but they shouldnā€™t be.
Perhaps it explains devs difficulty in replicating this issue easily though. Especially having to do long flights to find it out.

I dont know why dont happening Black avionics by you. Maybe u have a special version. I think its a 50/50 Chance to get that bug Sometimes i can fly over 1h dont have it too. The funny Thing is when i fly with the cessna longitude never have itā€¦ Just with a320n, 747, 787, 737. I try with Rolling cache but when i activate that getting more CTDā€¦ Im on series s

1 Like

what are you parameters?
I read that you had put your cache at 40 go.

then ? are AI traffic and weather forecast for real?

have you activated the ground density of planes etc ā€¦?

can you say more about your parameter configuration?
because you have made a flight of more than four hours without having the problem of avionics.

me on a 7:30 am flight from LFPG-TFFR after 2:30 am I find myself without screens above the sea.

itā€™s really painful man

ok have now made 2 test flights with the a320 neo from new york (KJFK) to Chicago (KORD). and from Frankfurt (EDDF) to Istanbul (LTBA) this flight lasted 2 hours and 20 minutes.I had no problems with ctd or black screens

Itā€™s certainly a strange one. Iā€™ve only tried on A320Neo as Iā€™m not fully up to speed with the 747, 787 yet. I also tend to think that the Neo is less buggy, but maybe thatā€™s a false impression.
I take it you are all updating your XBox S/X software too. Mine is auto done overnight so I rarely see when it happens but there are updates happening. I also quit FS2020 every time Iā€™m done.
Been using the latest hotfix now and it seems more stable finger crossed! They ahve worked on soem CTD issues according to reelase notes.

1 Like

XBox series X
FS2020 up to date with latest patch (17/9/21)
Always ā€˜quitā€™ from FS2020 when finished, never suspend/resume
Using Hotas, Wireless keyboard & mouse, controller switched off
Only add ons - zinertek enhanced airport graphics, and a BN2-islander plane
All free World Updates installed and up to date.
Traffic : Real Time Online
Airport Life : all at 100
Land and Sea Tarffic : all at 100
Data:
Data Connection all settings : ON
Data Limitation : OFF
Data bandwith usage limit : UNLIMITED
Rolling Cache : ON
Rolling Cache Limit : 40GB
Display:
I have most tooltips turned OFF, Instrument description tool tips set to ā€˜delayedā€™
I have all POIā€™s City labels turned OFF, just Airports are indicated.
Graphics 4K, HDR10 ON (my tv supports it)
XBox output at 60Hz (could do 120Hz but havenā€™t tried it / donā€™t need it)
Live Weather : ON
Edit: Multiplayer is DISABLED/OFF on my XBox/FS2020

If thereā€™s any other setting Iā€™ve missed let me know.

I have never experienced black screens since the game was released and I do flights anywhere between 2hours and 18hours. I also have the Xbox Series X and Sā€¦ maybe Iā€™m just lucky idk.

1 Like

Off topic please stay on topic .