Live Weather: On
Live Traffic: On
ATC: On
Load-In: Gate cold and dark
Data: On
Rolling cache: Off
Peripherals: Xbox Controller, Logitech K470 Keyboard, Logitech M340 Mouse
Flight time: 10 Min

Black Avionics: YES (While changing time of the day)
CTD: No. Changing the time pass 7pm local time will cause the avionics to blackout. As I just installed the Singapore Night Enhanced DLC by Dreamscenery, i wanted to try the enhancement at night and noticed that changing the time pass 7pm causes a blackout of all avionics. The video is attached

Just got black screens in cruise. Multiple people reported CTD and black screens issues as well at the same time, maybe related to the live weather or something, really weird. :persevere:

3 Likes

Yeah I tried 4 different flights with the 787 i got black screens end CTDā€™s every time.

Even tried to change some settings with the rolling Cache and other things but nothing worked.

It was in cruise every time to.

2 Likes

Good flight Xbox series s krap to klax no CTD and cockpit screen went black

Just started having the issue today with the A320N. Screens go black about 5 minutes later whole game crashes.

3 Likes

A few days ago I flew from Tampa to San Francisco 5+ hours in the Cessna Longitude and my flight was completely successful with no issues. Now this is my second day in a row trying to fly out of KSFO to fly to KSEA and I just get black screens and CTD 10 min later. Even after saving the flight and reloading it the screens went black 10 min later in the climb. My successful flight was before they were having issues with the real weather but who knows anymore. Itā€™s so random and sporadic that Iā€™m just worried this may never be fully resolved. :frowning: Iā€™m on the Series S btw.

5 Likes

Much worst than the past. I canā€™t make a 15 minute flight anymore. What is happening? Things just get worst.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got the same issue since today.

XBX Series S (Keyboard, Mouse, Controller setup), Live traffic , Live Weather, TBM 930, IFR ESMS-EDFM.

I never experienced this in over 100 flight hours thus far. Today I tried one and the same flight 4 times. The G3000 went black and when going back to the main menu it crashes to XB home screen without further info.

I tried to delete rolling cache but the issue remained the same afterwards. It appears randomly. One time on taxi to rw, then mid flight 15-30 minutes airborne. The Live Weather also appeared weird. According to ATIS ESMS had 20 degrees, clear, wind 3, altimeter 29.92. My weather app showed 7 degrees, rain and wind abt. 20kts.

Since the live weather usually is very accurate in game I have the feeling this live weather malfunction could be connected to the black screen ctd?!

3 Likes

I just tried deleting the game and saved data reinstalled everything. Turned off HDR10 just in case. Flew from San Francisco to Las Vegas in the cockpit view the entire time until landing. As soon as I landed went back to cockpit mode and all the screens were black. Within 2 minutes the game crashed. I also noticed the gates at Las Vegas graphics were having issues not sure if related.

1 Like

Ok, so everyone having this issue often than before, some people reported that disabling live weather fix the black screens every 10min. Iā€™ll try and report here in a few hours.

2 Likes

Yea, i think is something related to live weather, it started having some issues yesterday and the black screens and CTD issues just go up :arrow_upper_right: to everyone

6 Likes

Thank you :+1:

Thank you!

No problem. I hope this live weather thing that is causing black screens get fixed ASAP.

4 Likes

Has anyone tried a flight that got black screens with no live weather to see if it happens again? I would but I need sleep for work tomorrow. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nah, I was thinking about it but then learned abt. myself that I canā€™t stand weather presets. I couldnā€™t even force myself into a testflight without live weather. I guess without this feature Iā€™d deinstall the game and play fifa :joy::rofl:

I just finished a 2hrs flight with live weather off and everything went ok, no black screens or CTD. Looks like it works turning live weather off.

4 Likes

Nice. Meaning that all it takes was a server overhaul and maybe a little hotfix and off we go again. Thanks dearest testpilot. Btw. Iā€™ve got a little question abt. weather presets. Does it really mean itā€™s one and the same weather no matter what? I mean if Iā€™d fly Stockholm to Mallorca the preset remains the same all the way down? Thatā€™s actually the reason why I never use it. Or comes there some sort of reasonable randomizer in play?

no more ctd or black avionics since I disabled live weather. thumbs up!

1 Like

Today I got 3 ā€š CTD and one Black Screen at the gate since 2 months.

1 Like