XBOX planes with state saving (fuel)?

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the middle of a tour of the lower 48 states of the USA, doing a leg or two a night. I noticed that each time I load back in, my fuel is back at 50% (I have unlimited fuel turned off). That is, except in my 414, which seems to remember the fuel state from the last time I used it.

My question is: Are there other planes available for the XBOX that have this feature? Or is there some sort of setting I’m missing?

Thanks!

Flysimware’s c414 has fuel level saved after every flight and is available for the Xbox.

Sorry. It was late, I just replied without actually reading the post.

Huh? That’s what he said. He’s asking what OTHER planes have that feature on Xbox.

@FL991R

I am not sure but off top of my head I checked a few but seems none of these are for Xbox?!

• Just Flight’s Arrows
  • Just Flight’s Warrior
  • MilViz / Blackbird’s 310R
  • Just Flight’s BAe 146 Professional

I think the 414 might well be the only one! Happy to be proved wrong if anyone knows…

Best I can tell, state saving is usually a WASM issue. So, not a typical Xbox feature.

Thanks for the reply! Considering your seeming encyclopedic knowledge of 3rd party planes I think I’ll just stick with the 414 for now and manually select the fuel if I want to use any other planes.

I’m not so sure - the 414 managed it so they must be able to write data some other way. But yes in the case of the other planes maybe that is just how they implemented it and cannot change it just for Xbox version?

1 Like

Yeah, it seems to be one of those things where the easy way to do it keeps it from being XBOX compatible.

No Just Flight, MilViz, or PMDG planes as of now.

But finally folks like FSW, SWS and Got Friends are finding some workarounds.

So, it can be done. Just usually when it is done, the plane remains incompatible until the WASM fix goes through.

1 Like

I’m confused. Are you saying the planes from these vendors do or don’t do fuel state saving on Xbox? I thought they didn’t? If they do, which of the planes that they’ve made do fuel state saving (I can’t believe it’s all of them).

Other than Flysimware (FSW), are you saying there’s other planes out there which do fuel state saving on Xbox?

It seems most everybody believes only Flysimware has implemented fuel state saving on Xbox.

I think he’s talking in general about what planes have state saving. None of the ones he mentioned are available for XBOX.

1 Like

Not exactly what I am saying.

JF, MilViz, and PMDG planes are not available on Xbox due to WASM issues. These planes are feature complete, with things like state saving and other bells and whistles.

FSW has come closest to finding a way to have state saving on Xbox.

So it can be done. It just isn’t being done often.

The other devs I mentioned are finding ways to get other major features on Xbox without the WASM hurdle. Xbox addons are getting better. Folks are figuring out how to make features Xbox compatible.

As of now, I would say the 414, the Kodiak, and perhaps the Wilga are all bringing the most feature complete content to Xbox. But the 414 is the only one that saves your fuel from flight to flight right now.

In the next SU, we should get the WASM update, which should allow the likes of JF, MilViz, and PMDG to finally submit their planes for Xbox approval. So, in about 3 months, we should start getting a flood of planes that have proper state saving.

1 Like

The question was… Which planes on Xbox have fuel state saving?
Answer seems to be, until further notice Flysimware 414.

The answer was quite literally in my prior post. And it is the same answer you have been given time and again throughout this thread.

FSW made the 414. That’s the closest we get to state saving on Xbox as of now.

And then a further 6+ months for the approval “team” to work through their (I could mean that “their” as a singular!) suddenly overflowing inbox! :angry:

1 Like

3 months took into account the time it will take to get the new update and the time it will take for the first newly submitted planes after the update to start getting approval.

I’ve been on Xbox since the first console dropped. I kinda just add the extra MS approval time in automatically at this point! :joy:

The Wilga is an anomaly because the Marketplace just stopped accepting new submissions for a few weeks when Got Friends was ready to send it over to MS for approval. It got EXTRA delayed.

The HJet has fuel state saving as well

Was this in the latest update? Haven’t flown yet with it installed.

I think it’s been there for a little bit prior to the most recent update. I definitely remember the fuel state being saved at least mid summer last year.

1 Like

I haven’t flown it in a while. Hadn’t noticed that. Will need to fly it again next time I am in the sim. It is a lovely plane and I would be thrilled if it state saved fuel. Thanks.

Thanks for this information. I don’t know why but half the time I post a question in this forum I end up spending more money I didn’t have. :grinning:

4 Likes

Why bother having it in the first place if you’re going to end up not having it anyway? Sounds like a good arrangement to me! At least you end up with a new plane! :smiley:

1 Like