Xbox problems with memory / content after Sim Update 12

A post was merged into an existing topic: Xbox, stuck on “checking for updates’ spinning wheel, game won’t load

Yes, since the latest Update 12, l am having the same problems, with XBOX not Loading Right, as it just keeps Checking for Updates. Not sure what to do, frustrating indeed, hopefully xbox is fixing this issue up? :slight_smile:

1 Like

i also have the memory update problem,the sim keeps deleting all the updates again and again helppppppppp

1 Like

Me too, wrote already in another topic. 5 Times all gone. One time only with the Premium/Deluxe Update installed i git this Message “No space” . So Looks this is the corrupted one. But its random. After my Last attempt i was able to install all 170gb of my content. Had 280gb free and then it hit me again. Need a fix, as IT Stands it ruimed my game

2 Likes

I’m hoping this is recognized and actioned quickly. Waiting three hours to update the game yet again every time I want to play is just not worth it. I’m just going to wait it out for the time being.

Try logging out of the servers (see option 2 in the link below).

Try logging out of the servers (see option 2 in the link below).

I posted the following in „Xbox, stuck on „checking for updates“ spinning wheel, game won‘t load“ as well.

If you are able to use cloud gaming, you can use it to uninstall add-ons on your XBox. The startup was working at 188 add-ons, then I installed two more and it stopped working. Everytime this happend before I deleted the entire „Reservered Space“ and start from scratch downloading add-ons. This time I started a cloud gaming session and installed some add-ons there, the space was initially empty (50 GB) and then I uninstalled them again in the cloud. From experience I know this will also uninstall those add-ons on the XBox. Normally I find this quite annoying, but this time I used it to reduce the number of add-ons on my XBox down to 184 and it worked. The sim is starting up again without problems. I didn‘t have to start from scratch. :smiley: Hope this helps.

I have exactly the same problem. The whole installation already done 2 times. Problems starting again the next day because MSFS wants to update Premium and Delux. Then reports a memory problem where none is available. After deselecting the updates, derm MSFS starts, but there are no more installations and the marketplace is displayed as unavailable.

It’s been almost 3 weeks since my start post here and the problems still persist for many users. Again and again, new users come looking for answers. I wonder why there is no official statement or a solution, support or the like? Have I missed something? I would also like to report to my community at least an interim status…

2 Likes

Mine installation is working now, but I’ve not reinstalled all the scenery points of interest outside the UK and NZ where I mostly fly. I still can’t fly for more than 2 hours without a CTD on my XboxX which is frustrating, it seems more prone to do this since update 12, however nobody else seems to mention it.

wasm doesn’t mean that you can play now full settings options with your Xbox .

some compromise still have to be done with animations settings specially using complex aircraft as A310 or DC6 .

but a massive improvement has been done with su12

I can feel your pain and that of all the other XBox users who are affected by this!

What I still don’t understand is the communication politics of Microsoft / Asobo.
I got word of this problem (and this is a real problem, details later in this post) shortly after SUXII was released. For the record, this was March 21st, 2023. One day later you opened the topic.
And now 17 days later (nearly 3 weeks[!]) still no solution or an official answer from the devs at least.
Or a flag saying “feedback logged” or “bug logged”.
One of the masters I learned from once said to me “When you always stick to the rules, you will always only get the second best solution. At its best!”

I just don’t get it.
In the current situation (drastic climate changes and rising energy prices) everyone should try to waste as less as energy as possible. Means turn off the devices you do not need at the very moment. And lot’s are forced to save energy and therefore money. The just cannot throw the money out of the window, otherwise money is at it’s end and there are still days left in the month. No I am not in this situation, but I care for the people who are.
And then they need to have the XBox turned on for hours, just to let the game and all it’s DLC they paid for to be downloaded again and again and again?

Think about it!

THX.

5 Likes

I had this problem this week. A lot of my purchased and installed marketplace content disappeared and I needed to download it again (110gb). Seems ok after the download but it’s obviously a bug that seems to be still affecting people…

The memory leakage/ black screens in planes are back with an awful vengeance since SU12

I have to many adds on to count once I install all my add one I get stuck at the loading screen just like every one else, I thought it was just me. I’m almost thinking of waiting til sim update 13 if Microsoft decides to address this. Does anyone know if they’re aware of the issue? I can’t imagine they’re not. So frusterating, those of us who have spent $100’s of dollars on adds on to have this happen is a big slap in the face in my opinion.

They are aware of an issue when you reach an add-on installation size of >=500GB.

You haven’t mentioned the total installation size of all your add-ons, but perhaps this is what you are experiencing:

The total install size was like a little over 800gbs

1 Like

I have the same stuck on „Checking for Updates“ problem with just a little over 200 GB of add-ons on XBox Series X. Maybe the 500 GB limit is an additional issue, but the symptoms are the same. It is working fine right now with 187 add-ons installed, but when I install more it stops working once I hit a limit. The limit seems to depend on not just the number of add-ons, but also the number of „subpackages“ within the add-ons. I have all world updates installed and right now my add-on limit seems to be 190. When I installed the world updates last, I got to about 210 before it broke. The world updates have lots of „subpackages“ (files/folders?).

I used a cloud sessions to uninstall add-ons. If you uninstall an add-on in the cloud, it also gets removed on the XBox. Normally I find that quite annoying but right now it allows me to „fix“ my XBox, when I have hit the add-on limit again, by installing and then removing an add-on in the cloud to reduce the number of installed add-ons on my XBox. It saves me from having to start from scratch. Downloading everything takes a while.

I hope this will be fixed soon. In two weeks there will be another world update and it probably will push the add-on limit even further down. I already have lots of planes that aren‘t installed.

1 Like

I have created an additional topic that is tagged as „bug“ for the stuck at „Checking for Updates“ problem on XBox. It contains a description of my latest experiments. At least on my XBox Series X the limit is 446 packages (parts of add-ons, 228 add-ons in my case). If I go beyond that, the update check at startup gets stuck. Is there anybody on XBox who has it working with more than 446 packages in SU12? If so, could it be a problem on (some) of the servers?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/stuck-on-checking-for-updates-when-more-than-446-packages-parts-of-add-ons-installed-xbox/587549