Xbox problems with memory / content after Sim Update 12

In our community, Xbox users are reporting an increasing number of problems after Sim Update 12! In the loading screen after starting the MSFS, the loading bar at the bottom turns red and the loading process takes a very long time. After that, already installed marketplace purchases are no longer installed. There is definitely no memory problem, as there is enough. One user then completely reinstalled, but the problem still exists. Can anyone report anything similar?

10 Likes

Also the problem of CTD and Black screens in the A310 with stutters too…
IM on the Xbox Series S and have had nothing but problems since the new update…even with pushbacks getting 2 seperate tug trucks …

Whats with every update they break things badly ???

MSFS/Asobo get your act together

3 Likes

My xbox is stuck on installation manager just continually checking for updates

2 Likes

Someone found a fix, on the checking for updates screen disconnect the internet remove the lan cable, it will bypass that page with connection error click ok then wait for the sim to load then reconnect, this worked on pc it should work on console also thanks to @OMGEDSON

1 Like

I just restarted the Xbox and did an update, but the Marketplace is unavailable. Is anyone else have that issue?

Go into settings and ensure your data is turned on.

1 Like

I’m not a smart man. That fixed it. Thank you!

1 Like

SU12 on XBX for me has been a bit of trouble. Joining beta I got stuck and had to uninstall and re-install the SIM for it to work. Update itself was less troublesome but did have to download sceneries several times as they were suddenly disappearing on restart of the console. After 3 trails at downloading vast amounts of Gb sceneries it seems to have fixed it and now everything is up to date and seems to work fine. Good few flights on A310 and even at add-on airports.

I just lost 297 add ons after the Update, on XBOX X
… do I have reinstall every one? … and now my download speed is very slow.
Now I am stuck on the Deluxe Upgrade …it keeps stopping at 1.41GB / 1.85 GB … Could that be a Microsoft issue? I am on my 6th attempt … only 296 reinstalls to go … MSFS might have put out some instructions for what to do in this scenario

1 Like

I can’t even do an update it is stuck on searching for updates . Getting ■■■■■■ off now lol

1 Like

Same problems, also on XBox Series X. After SU12 it got stuck „Checking for Updates“ during loading. A switch to Home and Back to the sim gets me past that screen. Then it gets stuck when the blue loading bar is full. Removing the network cable for a moment gets me past that into the main menu. However at that point the „Marketplace“ ist not available, despite online services being active and being connected to a server. Even worse the content manager is stuck with a spinning wheel and showing 0 installed/uninstalled/updates.

I reinstalled the entire sim. Then started installing addons (200+). After most of the World Updates the content manager still behaved fine. Also after installing some other add-ons. Sometimes the download speeds where similar to modems in the 1980s, but occasionally it got back to full speed (100 Mbit/s). At the end downloads seemed to work again and I let the remaining addons install over night. In the morning I was back to the original situation described above with a broken content manager and marketplace on XBox Series X.

The next step could be to reinstall everything again, one addon at a time to see if one breaks the content manager, but it could also be just the amount of addons, but that would be a critical problem and I don‘t how a developer could miss it. I don‘t know when I will have the time for another installation run and as it is, the moment it breaks, I will know, but I also have to start again, if I want a working flight sim. If is is possible for addons to break the sim in such a way, there needs to be better tools for handling the situation. Maybe an external addon manager.

Also I noticed to new „AddOn“-AddOn (app) on XBox (for WASM support?) shows its status as „not installed“ even after installing it twice and when managing Flight Simulator on XBox an „addon“ is shown (Core, Offline World, 1 addon).

1 Like

Done an xbox reset now everything is working Fine now . Thank God

Very smooth update on Mar 21. Played for about an hour no issues. I quit the game completely and then shut down the Xbox X.
Yesterday Mar 22 turn Xbox X loaded MSFS (the only games I own) got an out-of-memory error need to remove either deluxe or premium add-ons. I have 2 terabytes of SSD memory.

I had to re-install the deluxe and premium and all my paid addons. (took about an hour or so) All seems to run as advertised.

dw

update march 24
I have two separate 1tb ssds one internal and one external. I have re-loaded the whole game ie basic, deluxe, and premium. I have also added all my add-ons - according to xbox settings takes about 25 or so percent of the ‘primary’ drive. My standard plan is to backup drive one to drive two. It takes only 10 to 15 minutes so next time MSFS ‘deletes’ the games I can re-install it in less time.
I played yesterday ie loaded various planes and flew to various places around the world for about one hour and change. All seems to work today.

My new xbox just has MSFS which uses 18% of the HD. However after update 12, I’ve had to download premium and deluxe twice and then when I boot up, it tells me I have insufficient space! Already D/L all 11 world updates and some pay where. Each time it boots up, I have none of these installed AGAIN! I was a developer on FSX on the PC and was brought back to MSFS by the xbox x quality at a budget price. I’m now regretting the whole bloody mess I’m in with no way of getting in the file management myself. Updates are also at 1990s dial-up speed most of the time too. VERY ANGRY with Microsoft.

I deleted the „Reserved Space“ for MSFS on XBox Series X. Afterwards I had no problems starting the sim. I started installing all my add-ons in blocks and restarting FS after every 10 add-ons to see if is still working. It went fine until the last four add-ons of 217. The last four were World Updates IV-VII. World Update 9 installed fine. World Update 10 - USA - had problems and was only partially installed after the first attempt. I tried again and the rest got installed. Then I tried restarting the sim and now I am stuck in „Checking for updates“ again.

I find this quite frustrating. I guess I will try installing just WU 10 to see if it creates the smae problem on its own. I would rather be flying then experimenting with the installation process. There have been problems in the past and there might be more in the future. Better diagnostic and recovery options would be more useful than more features for now. Thanks for all the work adding more stuff, but right now I just want to fly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I deleted the „Reserved Space“ again and installed just Deluxe, Premium, WU10 und WU9. Everything is working. So WU10 does not seem to be the cause, although installing it broke the sim last time. Could there be a limit on how many installed add-ons the update process can handle? Can problems during the download „break“ the information about the installed add-ons, so the update process can not work properly anymore?

For now I will refrain from installing everything again. This will lead to me buying less stuff, because I don‘t want to manage what is installed all the time. Maybe that is a good thing. :wink: I just want to go an fly, when I have the time. I am flying all over the world and I don‘t want to have to install and delete airports etc. all the time.

1 Like

Same problems for me too… Frame Rate Drop, Shatters, Lags, Especially when I am in A310. Also Aircraft’s screens going completely black. ( AFTER SU12 )
Pls address the issue #msfs

1 Like

What is your total Marketplace installation size in GB?

There appears to be a 500 GB limit to how much Marketplace content you can install on an Xbox before you hit this issue:

I suffered the uninstalling of World updates, premium and Deluxe MSFS plus all my add-ons with x-box x. I seem to have fixed it by being ‘lean and mean’ with my hd. No world landmarks, just my home country package and the best of my add on airports and aircraft. So far, things have been fine today. I’ll report back if it changes. I can live with this until a fix is found to use more hd for MSFS.

Thank you! The total on my XBox is around 430 GB, about 130 GB for the sim, and around 300 GB for marketplace items. The content manager lists a total of 218 items. After the sim broke again, I cleared the „Reserved Space“ again and right now only 150 items are installed, including all WUs and the CU. I am a bit hesitant to push it more right now, unless it would provide useful information. Reinstalling everything takes quite a while. :slight_smile: It feels like I haven‘t been doing anything else since the update came out.

I cannot thing of a reason why the size should matter. Of course I am not an XBox or MSFS developer, but I imagine checking for updates means going through the list of installed items and querying the server to see if there is a newer version. The size of an item should be irrelevant for that process. So I think the number of items might be more relevant, especially if each add-on is broken into smaller pieces, as it seems to be the case for World Updates and similar things. That is just a guess.

If I switch to the „list view“ (?) in the content manager, it shows 503 items.

3 Likes