Xbox S Performance Question

Can anyone help please my son plays on series S beta version and loves it but the graphics render sooooo slowly it getting hard to play - is there anything i can do to improve performance? he is on a 42 inch HD TV are there settings i should be adjusting? would improving our internet speed help or is that wa waste of time? thanks for any replies folks

My son has a series S, and I have an X. The game runs great on his S. That said, we have a top shelf internet package and we have the scenery package stored locally on the console itself.

Are you playing through game pass?

Thanks Playing on cloud 100%

Yes paying through game pass

1 Like

Hang on.

He is using the Cloud version of the sim on a Series S?

Are you sure he has a Series S and not a One S? (Thanks again Microsoft for the redorkulous nomenclature of these two different series of Xboxes…)

If he really has a Series S, he ought to install the native sim version on it rather than running the Cloud version. That would definitely improve performance.

1 Like

Sorry my fault he has and Xbox one s 1 tb

Then, yes, your Internet speed and connection to the servers will be critical in extracting the best performance from the Cloud version of the sim.

2 Likes

Ok I did think so so thank you for confirming that
Didn’t want to upgrade the speed and find it was still rubbish

Now you know what direction to go. Generally people will give bits and pieces of what the issues are and once we start peeling back the layers, it becomes very clear what the problem is.

1 Like