XBox S Return Decision

Man walks into a store in mid December to buy an Xbox series S just to run flight simulator. Gets it’s home and installs it only to find the graphics and lod are terrible. Goes online to find out it’s a bug in the current version. Even though he reads it’s an easy fix by Asobo, it won’t be done till mid January. Then someone says join the beta cuz it’s fixed there. Tries that out. It’s better but still way too much pop in of scenery. Mid January puts him past his 30 day return.

Man returns Xbox.

Anyone see this playing out over Christmas?

7 Likes

Buy a Series X, not an S if you want good graphics my man :wink:

9 Likes

They’ve got the same bug. But yeah you’re probably right.

I think autocorrect changed “PC” to “series X”

:stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Haha. I already have a mid range gaming laptop that has better graphics than the series S but was looking for a way to play it on the big screen without the hassle of always having to hook it up to a TV via HDMI and other cords as I use the laptop for other things too.

1 Like

How far is TV from laptop?

Why not leave the wiring permanently hooked to the big TV? :slight_smile:

I’m in the same boat as you and ran the following cables along the wall neatly in a channel totally concealed:

• HDMI
  • Powered USB hub (to use with my wired/wireless controllers, wireless MKB)

Depending on placement the TV also doubles as a second screen when you need to work.

2 Likes

Man didn’t do his research before buying.

3 Likes

Currently the HDMI cable is in the Xbox. It’s doable. I mean all I have to do is set my laptop over by the TV stand, hook-up the cables for the HDMI cable, which would be already connected to the TV and hanging nearby. Then plug in the power cord, joystick and insert the USB for my \wireless mouse and keyboard combo. And then use a different remote to set the TV to the HDMI port because Windows doesn’t do HDMI-CEC.

With an Xbox I have to push one button on the controller.

1 Like

Anyone else getting weird Game of Thrones vibes from this? :wink:

I do agree though, with no mean sentiment at all, that when buying new tech it really does pay to look at all the alternatives before laying some money down. I heard some people were buying an S simply because they couldn’t get an X. I wouldn’t have thought that were the case now though.

1 Like

Ebay is drowning in used X-Box Series X units !!

Got to wonder how many were ex MSFS units :woozy_face:

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right!
Product does not work as advertised, return it.

2 Likes

It was an impulse purchase. On sale for $239. Thought I’d give it a shot. I’ll more than likely exchange it for an X or just keep using my PC.

1 Like

In case you have an (more or less) up to date pc:
Stick to the PC

• Mod support (lot’s of cool stuff at flightsim.to)
  • Much more Add-Ons from 3rd-party-devs
  • Faster updates to the Add-Ons
  • Hazzle free enable / disable mods (and DLC :nerd_face:) through MSFS_Addons_Linker
1 Like

I don’t blame you. 239 is really cheap, and for most other things would be perfectly adequate.

1 Like

Yeah you’re probably right. I’ve had MSFS for 2 years now. Bought the laptop for it. Even though it’s a mid range laptop ,with Nvidia filters I can get it looking pretty close to 4k.

1 Like

I was hoping for a punchline after “man walks into a store…”

I agree. No sympathy from me

1 Like

I thought he had just the hiccups. Should have just asked for a glass of water. Oh sorry thought is was a joke…

Merry Xmas
PACO572

What’s wrong with you guys? Blaming the costumer for what is obviously a defective product.

7 Likes

My advice to the man is, if you want the best sim experience you can get, buy the highest spec’d pc you can afford and then some. There are so many more advantages a pc can give you over xbox when simming fs2020.

I tried scaring him by saying MSFS only goes on sale twice a year but the hiccups remained

1 Like