Xbox series keyboard not working

Yes I have the same Mouse bug
I can moving the cursor but I can’t use cursor to click the manu and option

1 Like

I don’t have X-box so don’t know if you have access to the controller menu however if you do could it be the simple (huh! this is microsoft) task of assigning the right keys on a new profile? There is a non too obvious scan function available when you click on an empty (or already filled) slot.

I have the EXACT same problem. I used to play FS2020 since its launch on Xbox Series and everything was working fine until yesterday. Keyboard mouse and Xbox controller are detected but keyboard does not do anything as soon as I’m in the game (FS202). Can you please help !!!:disappointed_relieved:

I hope FS2020 team will take care of it quickly as I quit playing until this bug is solved. :frowning:

FS2020 on Xbox without keyboard is totally not the same!

Try using another keyboard or USB socket. My wireless USB KB is fine and has been since day 1 on the XBox. Nothing has changed. Some people seem to have had issues with wired keyboards on different USB ports. My keyboard and mouse are both wireless connected through one wireless dongle plugged into the front of the XBox. Other than the losing mouse control bug(separate issue reported here) everything has worked fine. You may also want to try using without USB adaptors/hubs too.

Hi,
Thanks for the tip. By already tried that unfortunately… :frowning:

I had the same issue until I started doing this which works every time: Before starting the sim, only have the mouse plugged in. When the sim is loaded up and on the main menu THEN plug in the keyboard. Mouse should be working.

Already did that. But it does not work. But just to make sure: it is the keyboard that does not work…

When you say the keyboard is detected is that by FS2020 and if so when you go into controller->keybaord settings is the map set to deault or some custom version? If it is on default then toggle it to a new custom one save/apply etc then go in and toggle it back to default again in case it’s been corrupted. Also does it list any keyboard bindings under the control options->keyboard settings at all? or are all the fields blank?
ps. I can use my keyboard for entering XBox things like my XBox pin, possibly wortth checking that it works in XBox dashboard before launching FS2020 too.

Yes, I did created a new profile: Does not work!

And like originally posted, keyboard is working ALL AROUND Xbox dashboard and menus and other games. Even when I am in FS2020 and I open an “Like xbox menu” text field (to type) it works perfectly. But at the moment we’re back into the game, BOOM, stops working.
The only key that works in FS2020 is the windows key that calls xbox dashboard. :frowning:

1 Like

Corrupted profile maybe then. If setting KB back to defaults gives you no keyboard bindings then I can’t think of anything else. I’ve not noticed any issues with my KB over several updates and a lot of usage. If it’s a FS thing then it’s not the program as it works for others so must be a localised corruption of FS user profile. You could create another user profile maybe and use same install to check it out? Idon’t know how this works practically though. If you delete your own profile you will lose progress so I can imagine you don’t want to try that.

Of course I don’t want to delete my profile and lose everything. I tried to uninstall and reinstall FS2020, did not work either.
I was thinking about one thing : is there a key combination that deactivate keyboard functionality that could have been type by error?

Really strange bug!!! :frowning:

Oh and an other important detail, it stopped working on September 17th (day of 1.19.9.0 launch)… if that could help finding the solution.

Keep playing with the profile and scan settings, re assign keys even it’s just back to the same ones … I had to mess around too but finally I got there.

Not sure to fully understand what you meen by “scan settings”…

Pick your function, click on the input box and it gives you the option to scan. Click it and then you just press the key you want to bind to. validate and it should work again

And what did you do? Did you find a way to solve the issue or you just play without keyboard?
Or you stopped playing…? Like me :frowning:

Tried it and does not work!

It works but is a bit scatty … I meant to say make sure you delete the old input first

Does not work

1 Like