Xbox series S|X poor performance in B787/747

Which aircraft are you experiencing this issue in?

B787/B747

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

After loading a STAR/FAP into the FMC the sim will start to stutter every 3 seconds, it also happens when you add manually a constraints

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/HF46NiMub6s

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight, set up an arrival into your destination and stutters will appear every 3 seconds.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox series S, mouse and keyboard, Thrustmaster Hotas one, Xbox controller

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

AAU 2 Beta (1.33.5.0)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Same as OP, wait a few minutes, stutters and frame rates drop to unplayable state. Black screen avionics after taking off. Now getting game license cannot he authenticated. Reinstalled 5 times already.

Yes (Using Xbox Series X)

Performance degradation (significant) vs previous version of the 787. Unplayable at Asobo Handcrafted airports such as EGLL with both micro stutters and large ones.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’ve been testing and trying to find what’s causing this to happen and I think I found the reason (may be one of the reasons lol).
So after I selected my STAR and FAP the sim is where the heavy and continuous stuttering started (Stutter every 3 seconds), then I deleted my STAR and FAP and the stutters disappeared, I would say that it is related to the VNAV and other calculation that the sim need to load, if the STAR have a lot of constraints the stutters are heavier. Hope this help WT or asobo to fix this.

1 Like

Set aircraft up cold and dark

Upon executing all of the information into the CDU, the sim freezes and ultimately causes a CTD—this could be because of airways within the flight plan or due to certain airports. I’ve done two flights with no airways with no CTD from KJFK-KORD and touch and goes at KPHX; once I attempted a flight that contains airways, the sim would crash with each attempt.

For anyone having issue in this thread, we will need you to provide the full flight plan that was attempted to be entered, as well as your performance data as you entered it.

Thanks!

2 Likes

In the B748. KSDF-OMDB
FPL: KSDF/17R DCT CVG DCT APE DCT EWC DCT SLT DCT HNK DCT ENE Q822 ALLEX
N149D PORTI DCT 47N050W 48N040W 48N030W 47N020W 46N015W DCT BEGAS
DCT VES DCT LASKU DCT RONSI DCT OBETO DCT SNR DCT CALCE DCT BLV DCT
CEGAM DCT MALOB DCT PPN DCT TURPU DCT GOSVI DCT RONKO DCT RONNY DCT
XOMBO DCT SURCO DCT MARIO DCT POSSY DCT GRAUS DCT ALOSU DCT GEMAS
DCT REBUL DCT VIBOK DCT CAVES DCT BCN DCT DIPES UN725 ORKUM UM603
ELSAG DCT ALG DCT QUENN DCT RONAB DCT LURON DCT ORTAP DCT ARLOS UN4
SALUN N705 BOPIX N710 TAKRI M720 FYM M872 WEJ L604 NAGSA L308 DAROR
P559 VUTEB VUTEB3E.

once I loaded the STAR my sim started stuttering, then when I deleted all the constraints the stuttering disappeared.

ZFW: 281.2
CI: 58
CG: 27.8
CRZ FL: FL310

B78X KEWR-KIAH: KEWR/22R DCT BIGGY Q75 GVE DCT LYH DCT COLZI Q52 CHOPZ DCT MGMRY DCT
SJI SOULL1 KIAH/26L

same issue. Loading a STAR/Constraints in the FMC makes the sim to start stuttering. Everything went normal after deleting the constraints, as expected.

ZFW: 177.9
CI: 100
CG: 24.5
CRZ FL: FL380

Video showing how the sim stutters when I loaded the VUTEB3E STAR.

B747/787 stuttering on console

Quoted by Matt from Working Title.

“OK, it may be related to the VNAV performance simulation. We run a whole integration/mini-sim of the full flight periodically (which is how the real systems work as well, but they aren’t also trying to power an entire real sim too)”

Asked by a user experiencing the same issue on Xbox Series X|S

“How often is periodically?”

Reply from Matt

“Exactly every three seconds”

They are investigating this issue.

2 Likes

Great - I also noticed generally poor performance on PC (747 at airport, mainthread limited, lower FPS than other aircraft when compared by swapping around with Aircraft Selector in dev mode)

1 Like

Stutter seems to stem specifically from selecting a STAR via the arrival page and not the waypoints themselves. I unselected the STAR and entered the exact same waypoints and constraints manually, and there was no stutter.

Yes. Along with that, whenever I press execute button, sim freezes.
When using the flight planning screen, after putting in performance numbers and I need to press the execute button the sun freezes.

Something else that I realized is that if I load a STAR or add any constraints the stutters won’t start until I load my PERF INIT page, after loading that the stutter appeared.

I was hoping that they could put ETA to :sob:

I too have this issue. And the last time i used B747-8I PFD and ND didn’t show the beacons/route lines.
Need fixes

I have to say overall performance/stable frames of this plane in particular did a nose dive after the most recent update, but it’s the stuttering that’s really bad and IMO a top priority issue to fix before it can go public.

2 Likes

yes, this has occurred several times on my Xbox Series X

Anyone’s can confirm that the stutters disappeared since last update?

1 Like

Yep! Gone like the wind! Going to keep testing though. Did you have STAR and transitions loaded?

1 Like

Yep, I did. Only thing I noticed is that when I create a fpln that have more than 80 fixes the stutters appear once again, the stutters due to loading procedurs are gone

2 Likes

Fixed in AAU2