Xbox Series X Boeing 747 absolutely atrocious performance since AAU2 update

Hello,

Has anyone else experienced absolutely horrible performance in the 747 since AAU2 on the Xbox or even PC?

I’m getting drastically (and I mean drastically) better performance across the board in the A310, PMDG 738 and the 146.

There’s situations where’d is say the performance on the 747 is nearly unplayable. Using it at something like EGLL requires all traffic to be off for a playable experience. Obviously traffic will lower performance but this isn’t the case with almost any other aircraft I still get acceptable performance with things like traffic off.

I don’t know what changed but as of now it’s the worst performing aircraft on the platform hands down. Aircraft that are doing much much more under the hood aren’t coming close to the poor performance of the 747.

Has anyone else noticed this?

8 Likes

XBOX X

I absolutely agree with every word and I posted a very similar report in bug reports.Problem is there are surprisingly very few complaints about the 747 after the Update so it seems to remain totally under the radar and likely will not be fixed anytime soon or ever.I have decided to give up on it sadly as it is such a landmark aircraft ,but will hope the pmdg version makes it to the sim in a useable state on Xbox ( expect a rather scary price tag though :scream:)

4 Likes

Hi there,
Aviate, Navigate, Communicate is the place for help. Tech Talk would be another acceptable place, as the official feedback thread for AAU 2. I have moved your topic.

XBOX X

I am interested to know if anyone on XBOX X using the 747-8 AFTER the Update last week is enjoying good performance i.e little or no stuttering at default airports and no stuttering or lagging on take off/ landing .Other aircraft work just fine regarding stuttering etc including A310/ Visionjet etc .

I don’t want the grief of reinstalling the game in the forlorn hope of making the 747-8 useable if others on Xbox are having the same problem with post update performance,so please come forward with your Xbox X experiences with the 747 -8 and the recent Update,thank you.

1 Like

I’m on PC and have noticed some pretty bad stuttering with the 787 whenever doing a flight with a cold and dark startup. If I enter a “free flight” on the runway with everything ready to go, the performance is fine. Starting at the gate however, along with programming the FMC and taxiing out, leads to some bad stutters. This is on the 787 but I imagine it might be a similar issue since it shares a lot of the same code as the 747

1 Like

Serious issue for me on XSX. The 787/747 are unflyable due to FPS/stuttering. It seemed to actually be better in the Beta.

PMDG 737, ATR, A310 no problems.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I can also confirm that on XSX the performance on 787 is way worse than before AAU2 update.
Especially on the ground (when turning during taxing) and when taking off. Of course during moving camera around inside the cockpit.
Screen is lagging and stuttering.
It’s somehow playable, but I wouldn’t say I enjoy flying right now.
Hope we’ll get some fix for it quite soon…

3 Likes

XBOX X

I would be slightly satisfied with at least an acknowledgement of the stutter problem from Asobo / Update Developer,and that it is being looked into.

1 Like

*Hi, new here to forum. Playing on Xbox and found a variety of issues. At first things were goin good for flights until updates started. Being new I thought this was great until I went to play upon completion. What a different game. It’s all screwed up and I can’t fix. Altimeter and speed is junk. Plane crashes when I go get a cup of coffee. I disabled ai stuff. 747 not staying on flight plan. Crazy stuff. Need help

I had several problems and quit flying it. It wouldn’t do my dialed in speed or altitude in a/p. Wouldn’t stay on course. Nightmare for sure. ,

They updated these aircraft to make them decently high fidelity, the autopilot takes some learning, it’s not as easy for example as putting an altitude in and then hitting the altitude hold button that won’t work, I definitely watch some tutorials as the autopilot works really well now it’s just the performance.

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here, long term browser but never posted. I have over 900hrs of flight in this sim, but this subject is the most important to me. The 747 has become as absolute mess on xbox since the last Sim update 13. It’s a stuttery jaggy mess at big airports, the sound also cuts out frequently. There are more problems at cold n dark compared to start on runway. It’s flys fine once airborne at cruise but upon getting close to a busy destination the stuttering returns and the sounds cut out. I am on series X. For context I have no other issues with other aircraft, the PMDG is perfect. The 787 at times has stuttered but nowhere near as bad as the 747. Can someone at Asobo please please please look into the performance of the queen on the Xbox. It’s by far the best default plane when it works and it’s a crying shame when it doesn’t. It’s iconic in its own right she needs some loving. Pls test using a downloaded livery at a 3rd party high fidelity airport like KLAX or NZAA, KDEN, KMIA etc. not default at an abandoned airstrip in Nevada. I’ve seen a few post in the beta pages about it but nothing confirmed that it’s being looked into, only the chime big, but not about overall performance and reliability on Xbox. Thankyou :pray:

2 Likes

I’m new also and experienced same issues as yourself with the 747 and many more with the a320. I’ll reinstall and see what happens. From what I’ve read in the forum it helps once in awhile. With me at cold startup I end up with non working instruments. It’ even gets more crazy when I have a difficult time setting up the flight after many try’s. Outside of not staying on course and accepting changes I make it’s a blast. So I’ll see what happens and see if I threw away my retirement money on Xbox and an expensive program. Wish me luck.

1 Like

The latest beta update states performance optimisation for the 747 and 787 on consoles. Well I am here to say this is not true. If it is it’s certainly not noticeable. It’s still a jittery stuttered mess at busy airports. I feels exactly the same as last week. Last month, since SU13 rolled around and ruined the default Boeing’s. Is anyone at Asobo testing this and looking at this, can we pls have some kind of acknowledgment that more work is needed to get the Queen working as she should be?

3 Likes

Ok now there is a new console beta testing going live, but will this identify the issues plaguing the 747 on console? The feel the 747 has been nurfed to a point it doesn’t CTD but does black screen. The sound is become horrible, it cuts out all the time, it doesn’t even sound good at all anymore. The 787 sounds much better, more bass, more grunt. The 787 has definitely improved recently but the 747 is regressing. Can anyone at Asobo acknowledge these concerns. It’s a default aircraft it’s the most iconic and it’s just plain horrible to fly on console. It was better at Sim launch years ago. The new avionics are nice and all but the overall product has become a glitchy stuttering mess.

1 Like

Agreed!! IMO on Xbox X they have ruined the 747 - 787 - Longitude - CJ4 and ATR.

They are all very jittery and the Simbrief import where applicable is a mess. I’d much rather the older versions, they are not as complex but they worked.

I’d expect issues from Marketplace aircraft but it’s not acceptable on working title aircraft!!

The PMDG 738 flies perfectly smooth but the little WT CJ4 is buggy, something is not right!

2 Likes

Still behaving poorly, last night at default KDFW a stuttering mess, sound cutting out, it’s rediculous and isn’t improving.
PMDG works like a dream so it’s an Asobo issue, pls fix this. Sometimes I think this is deliberate so we purchase aircraft. Even the default A310 has become a CTD queen just in time for the A300 to go on sale

you better pray your favourite aircraft dont get made by asobo as they never fix them. The ATR has a horrendous bug atm where the generators go offline when throttle is idle…

1 Like

its very frustrating. Buying from devs that update their products regularly is refreshing. some of the asobo aircraft have the same bugs fromt 2 years ago

Xbox series X. Just recently decided to give the 747 a go as the A310 is broken with permanent black screens and they took the inibuilds A320 away. Very impressed with it but the lag and micro stutters are absolutely horrible. Taxiing is a nightmare, taking off is bad beyond words (sim completely froze on me when trying to take off in rain) and landing isn’t a lot better. Needs fixed desperately