Xbox series X ctd addon airports

Have serious ctd issues with add on airports
YPAD Adelaide and YSSY Sydney
Sim crashes on approach and take offs,
especially when I do camera angle changes.
Problem seems worse since GOTY update

3 Likes

Hi

You’re not the only one, I’ve started this thread here.

Good to hear I’m on the only one though calling out Adelaide and Sydney. I’d encourage you to reach out to Impulse Simulations, the developer of Adelaide, via email.
They’ve been very helpful and responsive with me but have put it down to my system, if they know there are others, it might help.

1 Like

Prior to SU7, updates to world updates in Content Manager respected any airports that you had removed due to conflicts with payware. This was not the case this time. I was getting constant and reproducible CTDs attempting to take off from any airport around Chicago, whether they were payware or default. I discovered in Content Manager, I had 5 conflicting airports that I had previously removed but needed to be removed again after SU7. Doing so, I was able to take off around Chicago fine, and I haven’t experienced CTDs anywhere else. Also keep in mind, SU7 also introduced a handcrafted airport for Zurich, so if you have FSDreamTeam version, you will have to remove that too (there is no way currently to remove the SU7 version if that was your choice).

Not sure that’s the issue here. I could understand CTD’s when default custom airports interfere with 3rd party content for the same airport, but in the case specifically called out here, Adelaide, there is no MS/Asobo custom airport, therefore nothing to remove from the content manager.

That aside, Xbox does not allow for MS/Asobo content to be removed via the content manager, I.e Zurich, O’Hare, Sydney can’t be removed, only 3rd party additions can be removed (and added)

As it happens, prior to SU7 I had issues with FlyTampa Sydney conflicting with the Asobo custom version (double buildings, jetways etc), ironically SU7 fixed that issue, whereby the FlyTampa version seemed to integrate correctly, however, apparently CTD’s are now a byproduct.

1 Like

I have same issue….CTDs are taking over the game on Xbox with DLC. Developers of DLC tell me it’s Microsoft’s issue and Microsoft is telling me it’s the DLC developers issue…this needs full acknowledgment and resolution

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.