[Xbox Series X/S] Visual Downgrade - LOD Reduction

I’m sorry to tell you UnitedArt, but the fps only was unlocked when 120hz was enabled for VRR. You are only getting 30fps in a 60hz container. The proof for this is in Alex Battaglia interview with Asobo video named ” Inside Microsoft Flight Simulator - Xbox Ports, Performance, PC Optimisations - The Asobo Breakdown!” around at 18:00 mark. So if you have always had it at 60hz, you haven’t played with the true VRR unlocked fps mode. I would link the video here, but links are not allowed. The VRR info doesn’t give you the true fps due to LFC. In your case it’s definitely 30fps locked like for the rest of us now and if the hz moves anyway it’s dropping under 30fps.

4 Likes

I’m so disappointed about su11, su10 ran really well and looked mostly stunning for me. Just flown from JFK towards Manhattan and it’s a jerky, pop up ridden mess with terrible draw distance and featureless buildings. Even when very close to the One World Trade Centre there were no textures on it. :weary:

13 Likes

No problem and you are most likely absolutely right. Thing is, i don’t notice any lagg or something like that. That’s the most important to me. I also believe that for a “game” like Flight Simulator, locked 30fps will do just fine.

I only notice the mild stutter on the ground when taxing.

I have this problem as wellwas fine in sim update 10 but since beta its been horrible in terms of LOD and rendering

10 Likes

I’m more interested on your settings now. You have 4:2:0 only at 10bit when you should be having Full RGB HDR10 or 4:2:2 with Dolby Vision. You have LG CX and haven’t enabled pc mode and 120hz to get 4:4:4 HDR10?

2 Likes

I’m almost certain, when you wait 1 or 2 seconds the terrain LOD will improve significantly.

I’m not playing in Dolby Vision. Just standard HDR. There was a time I was fully in to these kind of things… I will post my settings later, I’m going to watch the F1 sprintrace😀

Ist this now the MSFS we have to fly with…

11 Likes

Sure, but I also have CX and I have never seen 4:2:0 on my VRR screen so you probably don’t have your settings correct. You should be having 4:4:4 at 10bit 120hz

1 Like

It’s in Dutch, but can you point me in the right direction to what I need to change in the settings. I can assure you I’m in PC mode, the picture for that wasn’t uploaded. It’s nice to have 4:4:4 chroma.

It´s the refresh rate. You need to have it at 120hz not 60hz. Everything else is fine. You dont need PC mode enabled nor do you need full 4:4:4 chroma. So basically you never experience the game with the framerate unlocked. It´s a big difference.

2 Likes

I hope not but that what I’m seeing too.

1 Like

So make sure you have the pc mode input label on and change it to 120hz to get it max bandwidth. If you want to keep using the 60hz mode like on SDR, you have to drop down that 30bit (10bit) setting to 24bit (8bit) otherwise you’ll be playing at 4:2:0 and not 4:2:2. 4:4:4 is only available with pc input and 120hz. You can use the VRR info to see how everything behaves.

1 Like

Thx the both of you. Let’s see what works best👍

1 Like

Anything above a couple thousand feet and all trees beyond about a mile disappear, and the landscape looks … well, positively retro :joy:

Series S

9 Likes

XBOX X

Saw similar today very ms2004 (fs9) ,I now try not to look🫣

6 Likes

experiencing aswell huge graphics drop

it’s quite a let down since before su11 the sim was running amazingly and on top notch graphic quality

the a310 interiors are also a huge mess, can’t even read labels and such

9 Likes

Included are two images. The image with buildings is SU10, buildings deleted image is SU11. Please return to the SU10 settings to return the buildings. I realize the changes are being made to support the Xbox lowest common denominator the Series S. However, just as PC users should not be crippled with box settings, Xbox Series X users should not be crippled with Series S settings. Please add granularity to the the Xbox settings to separate Series X and Series S. Better yet, give us sliders so we can make our own graphics decisions on consoles.

6 Likes

Su10 was great done a lot more flying than I did in su9 not impressed with the downgraded graphics hope we don’t have to wait until su12 for a fix

3 Likes

I don’t believe this is a result of the issue discussed here.

I reported a few “flattened” airfields during the beta (and before…).

I’d post this as a legitimate bug in the bug category. They have addressed the ones I reported from the past.

2 Likes