[Xbox Series X/S] Visual Downgrade - LOD Reduction

Unitedart,

Just curious, which aircraft do you usually fly out of these heavier airports? Is it mainly the A320?

Mine impressions are that this kind of bug is easier to solve, something like a fine tune that can be done under the hood or just a quick nd small fix update. Hardly they will kick the can down the road till SU12

I must say that with ORBX mesh from the marketplace (this is South America), the feeling improves a bit, texture is low res but at least mesh are great!

Hi. Yes, the A320 but just as much the A319 and A321. Also 787, 747 and 777ā€™s if iā€™m in for a long-haul. Very occasialy Bredokā€™s 737 and Virtualcolā€™s Embraerā€™s. So pretty much all airliners i have. For the A310, i wait for a patch and liveryā€™s.

I must say, i havnā€™t tested my recent purchased airports with the 787 though. Fingers crossed itā€™s as stable as with the other aircraft.

This also happens on PC, im sure there has been a downgrade there also.

2 Likes

What type of patch are you waiting for in regards to the A310? It seems to have been functioning ok for me but Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™m missing something.

Thanks to give us this information because , we, Xbox users feel alone with this major issue.

2 Likes

2 feet from a 50" screen? A little too close for comfort arenā€™t we?

Theyā€™re working on a patch which should improve overall performance and quality of textures inside(although I think this is targeted towards Series S, not sure). I believe itā€™s a bit rough around the edges.

I wait for that, in the meantime watching as much tutorials as I can. Still have a lot to learn.

if you can do some test flights and focus on the the graphics like LOD and rendering especially above 1000-4000 ft try some mountain regions or even normal landscapes please and give a feedback ?

Terrain still looks absolutely horrendous what a downgrade in environment this update was. It makes everything they pushed MSFS to be ugly and irrelevant.

16 Likes

I see I massive difference graphically on the sim since new update. Not just slightly but MUCH worse to the point itā€™s not enjoyable. I just canā€™t think for the life of me how they can be happy to take such a leap backwards. If they brought the sim out like this I.E on launch day, then there wouldnā€™t be such a commotion but it was running like a charm and looked outstanding even on my series S. now it resembles FS2004. Itā€™s completely unacceptable and I wonā€™t be using it anymore in this state.

15 Likes

They couldnā€™t have ruined the sim surely? Gotta be still overloaded servers? Wish just someone from MSFS office can just communicate with its many users. A pathetic vague message on launch day about the servers then saying 3 days later it should be fixed. Well mine is far from fixed. Looks absolutely hideous.

11 Likes

I just donā€™t understand why? I was still under the impression that it could be still server related (or was hoping at least) but maybe not. It ran so smooth for me before AND looked fantastic. Not now. So bad I canā€™t go on it again. How is this accaptable? Itā€™s like going to have your car washed and they present it back to you covered in ā– ā– ā– ā– . Itā€™s shameful. I want my money back. What a con.

12 Likes

tbh fs2004 looks better graphics in this update are bad

5 Likes

Yes, itā€™s hard to play like this, when the ground is a blurry blob, numbers on landing strips are unreadable.

5 Likes

New to this forum and this issue is so frustrating that I joined! Purchased a XSX just to enjoy a modern sim again. Spent countless hours on FS2004 with freeware and AI modifications, so it was a let down with MFS2020 and the unrealistic AIā€¦.but the visuals were breathtaking.

Now with SU11 it feels like Iā€™ve regressed back into the mid 2000ā€™s again. Holy cow what a downgrade in graphics, immediately noticed blurry runway textures, lower res landscapes. Itā€™s so bad now between the AI and graphics, a lot of the fun is taken away for me. I read the beta reviews and cringed once it came out it hopefully wouldnā€™t be as noticeable to me, but it certainly was. Hope there is a quick fix cause knowing how it looked BEFORE and how it looks now is something I wonā€™t be able to get past.

17 Likes

Iā€™m still having some fun but only when flying very low, like 600 feet max. Any higher the graphics are horrible on Series S. This is the most drastic downgrade Iā€™ve experienced in 30 years of gaming.

11 Likes

I agree. I am also playing MSFS on Xbox Series S. In SU11 I didnā€™t have a lot of issues but now all my ground textures look Lowres. Really terrible.

6 Likes

Also not only poor low res textures itā€™s also slow updating. When changing views Iā€™ve seen ā€œtilesā€ of landmass popping or updating, itā€™s just awful. Flying the A320 over Long Island there were black boxes drawn in the distance (tile separation). Just terrible, this is not how the state of this should be on XBOX given the length of time itā€™s been released.

4 Likes