[Xbox Series X/S] Visual Downgrade - LOD Reduction

The other downside? Betas, especially early builds, might break things.

Contrary to popular belief, most major beta issues get fixed before public release, but still, the early builds often cause a few problems.

But if you enjoy the forum life here, even that can be fun, as you can report and discuss bugs and issues. I dunno, I kinda like betas now. But it does seem like I am IN a beta far more often than I am not these days. Sometimes I miss the live traffic. Seeing someone online in beta is a far rarer occurrence.

That said, the beta servers are usually great because they have to host far fewer players.

Anyway, in this case, if you want your LOD and textures back, this is the only way for the next month to see the fix.

5 Likes

Out of interest : isn’t that a bit early to tell, and which have you tested and how? Cold&dark etc or just start at the runway

1 Like

Where should I fly over with this new build to see the improvements being made?

Anywhere with mountains, photogrammetry, or textures. So over land, without clouds.

3 Likes

Does it include 3rd party landmarks ?

Only how far away you can see them.

Look, if you didn’t notice the LOD issue, you might not notice what was fixed.

1 Like

Lol, yes, I don’t even know what was broken

did join the beta and I’m glad i did, flew the same are i flew earlier today and the difference is massive, and i mean it

also seeing the g3000 updated is such a treat

I’m so pumped right now ahah

edit: even the cursor (controller and also the mouse) is way more smooth within the menu

7 Likes

Great :+1: glad you joined the beta night and day difference from old version lod is much better

3 Likes

Been testing all eve and it’s looks great - a little blurry runways here and there could be my add ons but the main issues with LOD seem to have largely gone lots of lovely detail back and no flat built up areas. Even the most taxing 3rd party airports seem fine - Corfu is always demanding a few little stutters and some black screens but this is a memory optimisation issue with some 3rd party add ons - this airport and others probably now need updating - but the XBox X dealt with it - didn’t crash. It a joy to fly VFR again and have some great Instrument approaches in the heavies with detail all around airports. If this is the first attempt to put right the issues it’s a huge improvement! I hope everyone on the beta is having the same experience.

9 Likes

I can finally see airport beacons again at distance.

I’ve missed them!

13 Likes

I agree - It’s been two months - we’ve missed a lot! I really don’t want to work tomorrow :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t think these buildings were as eye catching as they have become now. I can see the windows on the buildings, wow. LoL. What do think?

9 Likes

what great news! can’t wait to try it after work.

also by beta, does this mean you have to be part of the beta program to dl it or is it just a regular update ?

1 Like

I just landed at a busy La Guardia (live traffic still a mess but one thing at a time eh?!) but New York looked amazing - I spent a decade living there and I got that sense of awe back tonight flying over the Hudson - so beautiful

8 Likes

This was an update released to Beta testers. You can learn how to opt in to the beta here: Aircraft & Avionics Beta Now Available!

3 Likes

Man I’m still in the middle of my flight Punta Cana-QuebecđŸ˜©. Can’t wait to join the beta again I’m hearing nothing but good reports.

6 Likes

Just flew a couple of flights in the beta. Still have to pinch myself, it looks so awesome. Did notice some runways were still blurry but that’s such a tiny tiny thing compared to the rest of the whole world.

Incidentally, did see quite a bit of multiplayer traffic. Hope to see some of you in the beta!

9 Likes

Looks like almost everything fixed. Flied in Chicago and downtown doesn’t disappear/reappear like it did in SU11.

Also, night flights the lights don’t turn off and on for the near vicinity. I see it still happen for areas a bit further out but honestly don’t remember paying attention if this was occurring in SU10.

Great job by Absco getting this fixed before Jan.

LET’S GO! :airplane:

8 Likes

good improve, liked to see this graphics back like the prior version (SU 10) but I have to share. 2 CTDs. flying with Honda Jet. 3rd party airports (SBSD) and using the hotas one.(XSX)

1 Like