[Xbox Series X/S] Visual Downgrade - LOD Reduction

Yes. Morphing and pop-ins were always there ever since i start playing this sim. An i agree it really depends on where you fly. WU areas are great but China for example, not su much.

Ok, i donā€™t know whatā€™s happened.
Two clip from a discover flight in NY.
VERY bad texture on buildings, pop up and the bridge is a unique piece with the sea :frowning:
Iā€™m not in beta, game is updated, every world update installed.

I put some screenshot too in Australia.
Low res texture on mountains.
My internet: FTTC with ~70Mb/s download

That is likely a slow server. Try again in a day and it will likely be better.

1 Like

Others may argue, but indeed Iā€™m pretty much convinced that servers ARE playing a part in all this. Why? Because yesterday I was approaching Toronto Pearson Airport and I saw morphed buildings as well, while the day before all was fine.

1 Like

The server explanation, exactly how unusual is this i wonder. Itā€™s starting to feel ā€œbusiness as usualā€ rather than an anomaly.

Should we reset our expectations of how Flight Sim runs day to day?

Agree. The ā€œserver issue excuseā€ is the new normality. Sadly

2 Likes

For about 10 days I had problems getting stuck at the Checking for updates screen in the afternoon and no problems at all in the evening. So for sure there are random server slowdowns and they could affect performances as well. Maybeā€¦

I started playing in August and I always had these problems in very detailed cities, with the recurring ā€œslow connectionā€ message. I actually have a quite slow connection, less that 40 Mbā€¦

Check my report here and here.

The purpose of these photos is to understand if this quality is ā€œby designā€ or not

Thatā€™s not a LOD issue. Those buildings look melted because automatically generated by poor Bing data or something like that. The same happened with CN Tower in Toronto with the last WU. A LOD issue would go away if you get closer.

6 Likes

Iā€™m so glad they promised mid January that the fix would be released as the already found and fixed the issue in November on their end. We are now the end of January and still no word.

3 Likes

Itā€™s annoying me a little now to be honest :sob:

2 Likes

We xCloud users donā€™t even get a chance to be in the beta buildā€¦ I travel a lot for work and subscribing to xCloud was the solution I found to keep flying. But since November I have to deal with low resolution ground textures, completely destroying the immersion.

Iā€™m just one step away from canceling my subscription if this mess isnā€™t sorted out by the end of this monthā€¦

4 Likes

To be honest, these visual ans frame rate issues are really driving me up the wall.

January is ending and still no fix. On top of that, the game is giving me license authentication errors even though Iā€™m playing it on gamepass! Now thereā€™s no server connection and I canā€™t even fly.

Anyone else getting this? In Xbox

1 Like

I got this last weekend or the weekend before. The thing is, being in the unauthenticated state also seemed to knock me out of the beta (or do something), because most if not all of the LOD problems from SU11 were back for me that weekend. I tried to do everything short of reinstalling (logging in and out, XBOX full shut down, online then offline, etc.) and nothing fixed it. After a couple of days it just came back by itself. Sorry thatā€™s not more helpful, but thatā€™s what happened to me.

2 Likes

tried a little regional flight this afternoon, lfll to Lfbo with lvfr a318 , both 3 rd party addons airports, live weather on, live traffic off, with static aircraft addon , a lot of static planes on both airports .
with Beta

all was near perfect from beginning to the end , no stutters at all , textures looked quite good

west Europe server 17 ms

little popā€™in textures at landing around 2000 ft

quite satisfied of it

2 Likes

I uninstalled the sim back in October when they ruined the graphics, so apologies Iā€™ve probably missed some updates, but the last i heard was it was being fixed mid January, but i canā€™t figure out from all the chatter about server issues and betas whether it has or hasnā€™t been done. Can someone give me a simple answer: have the graphics on Xbox been fixed to how they were before they were ruined in the anniversary ā€œupdateā€ or not? Donā€™t want to reinstall if itā€™s still a blurry messā€¦

The fix for the LOD bug on Xbox is included in Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 (AAU1). This patch is currently available in public beta testing and is targeted for a full release to all players before the end of the month.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

6 Likes

Please see @Jummivanaā€™s post linked below for further information about LOD issues on Xbox.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/any-new-xbox-textures-quality-degradation-after-19-02-2023-update/570648/306?u=seedyl3205

6 Likes

Thanks for that.