Xbox series X stutters

I got a lot of stutters too, especially when panning with the camera, often with sound glitches too. It was smooth for me at launch, the stutters appears at SU6 and got worst at SU7…. I got a lot of addons from the marketplace but i don’t think the addons cause the stutters since on my PC it is smooth with almost the same addons!! Got a good internet connection (250mb/s) and im in Canada just like you!!

1 Like

Thanks, yeah thinking it may be servers. Just wish Microsoft would come out and say what the cause of the problem is.

I did a test with the photogrammetry off and the online functionality off so it’s only autogen scenery and i had the same problem

1 Like

Tried that as well with London and it was like watching a slideshow

Series X owner here, LG OLED C1 tv 4K@120 VRR Game mode etc. For me SU5 was great, went down hill significantly at SU6, SU7 is almost as good a SU5 with just the odd stutter. I’m on a 175Mpbs fibre connection with 19ms so shouldn’t be any issues re data. If I drop my Xbox to 60 FPS it’s perfect.

1 Like

So what do you think guys ?

Are the addons ( and needs to be updated by developers ) the root cause or SU7 ?

I have a lot random CTD after SU7.

Yeah…MSFS 2020- I love it and I hate it at the same time.
I have also a lot of random CTD on xbox Series X and also a lot of airports from marketplace. Some CTDs depend on airport or plane you choose but most of the CTDs I don´t know why they happen. In my opinion the Series X can´t really handle the Level of detail in combination with the resolution. It stutters…then it crashes to desktop.
I am so frustrated that I have ordered a new PC…only for this game because I like it so much…when it works!

How do you drop the Xbox to 60fps?

I deleted my about 18 addons ( orbx,pilotplus….) from my Xbox x.

I had a lot ctd after SU7.

Now without any addons installed at the moment and still testing NO ctds.

So whats the conclusion about that ?
Not buying any addons because everytime Asobo/Microsoft updates the sim they brake something.
This is really rediculus and absolutely unacceptable.

No comment or statement from Asobo/Microsoft or from different developers from addons.

Whats going on here !!!

1 Like

Hi, Setting > TV & display options > Refresh rate :+1:

2 Likes

How smooth tho? Can you fly downtown London and pan the camera around and not get any stutters?

Had my first CTD over NY Manhattan today. I was using drone mode and zooming in, so that may have contributed to it. The photogrammetry up to that point of the flight was the best I had ever seen it.
Will test again this morning.

I flew London finally without any stutters. I’ve never once had any CTD tho since I’ve had the game. I have almost 40 hrs so far.

I flew a basic farm area for in France tho and started getting crazy stutters. So odd now London, with its PG and crazy dense populated area, has no stutter (finally) but a new farm area I’ve never flown in France did. Nothing makes sense lol. Unless the rolling cache finally allowed a non stutter experience as I’ve been trying London for days now and could be it was loading off of drive. Though my internet is 350 mb/s so that really doesn’t make sense either as internet should be more than sufficient

I can’t say that I’m seeing anymore stutters than usual on the X but CTD is still a fairly major issue. Especially when it happens so close to landing. Feels like I’ve just wasted my time on a flight only for it to crash out before landing. Very frustrating and needs fixed

My CTD could be the scenery add on, I might try to reinstall and see.

Havent flown over London, I’ll give it a shot this weekend. I did have a pretty nice flight over Long Island into LaGuardia, but as I was flying around the Statue of Liberty and Manhattan my internet took a dump and when I went to land I got a CTD. I was flying the T-6 Eros, which might be part of it.

Classic MSFS2020 move, here is this great sim, works great, here are all these add-ons in the marketplace you can buy. But by the way, these add on’s will render the game unplayable. Or, hey spend 6 hours on workarounds, uninstall, reinstall, power cycle, for what? Endless bugs and issues.

This has put me off buying any add-ons on the Xbox.

Its just a dreadful experience. It also seems that its specific to series X, series S dont seem to be experiencing the stuttering. Certainly wont be playing again until i hear the stuttering is resolved.

1 Like

Let’s admit bringing the sim to Xbox was a noble and admirable cause. But it’s very obvious in the meantime, that it’s to much to handle. Too much for the plattform to handle and too much for the devs to handle - respect for trying though. Let’s chalk this up as an experiment that we all wanted but that ultimately failed. The sooner we on Xbox accept that and move on to actually working products the better.

2 Likes