Xbox series X stutters

Are the FPS stutter issues happening for all Xbox series X users or just a few of us? Trying to determine if it’s game MS server end related or if some people just got lemon consoles. I’d like to return my console if my console is not up to par with what it should be. The FPS issues are atrocious though and stutters and makes the game very disappointing. I literally opted for a series x specifically for this game and cuz I thought it was supposed the worlds best performing console. But if it can’t play the one game I wanted it for I may as well trade for a ps5

3 Likes

Xbox series x has been very smooth for me since the update.
Have you tried deleting your cache?

1 Like

I have no stutters and runs very smooth.
Then again, I fly the steam gauge 172 around Iowa.

1 Like

I have been flying from NY to London with everything from props to jets. It’s working great.
The only weird thing I get now since the update is license cannot be verified message from time to time. Oh, and a few bugs in certain planes. But has been a blast otherwise.

So far, so good here as well. I haven’t been flying in heavily populated areas, though. I was flying with no rolling cache, but I added a small cache back in. I can’t say for sure if that makes a difference or not.

Yeah try London or larger cities. Stutter fest for me

1 Like

Very slight frame drop occasionally when Xbox set to 120fps 4K, steAdy as a rock at 60fps

I just installed the game agian, and yes, its a stutters mess!.
My PC is similar to the Xbox Series X(Amd 3700X and Nvidia RTX 3060TI), but the PC is much more stable and withouht stutter, BUT, then i compare the Horizen 5, in 60 FPS, the Xbox veriant is more stable than my Pc with the same settings, so this is about optimations!!!

3 Likes

i find it stutters more since the initial release.

2 Likes

I found the same thing and also run at 60hz

I find that deleting the cache helps me with this as was mentioned a few posts up. I probably do it a couple times a week. My Xbox X has run the sim pretty well by doing that.

1 Like

Xbox user:

check that all the updates have been correctly downloaded and that they are correctly installed. Check this, as I had stutter problems after the recent update only to discover a day or so later that not all of the updates had been fully downloaded and installed. I deleted each of the problem files and downloaded and installed these one at a time. No more stutters.

1 Like

I noticed 6 needed updating still so gave that a go and no luck. If I fly my F-18 around NYC it’s stutters like crazy

I have zero issues with my x and ice flown all.jets and small props. I have many add on airports and scenery packs. Is your xbox over heating?

Not at all. It happens right from the first minute of turning on Xbox and flying. Have you tried flying over photogramphy cities? That’s where it is most noticeable.

I need to add that I run my xbox at 1080p and not on a 4k tv. When I used my 4k display the xbox ran noticeably warmer. No stutters on the 4k at that time.

As of late my flights have been fantastic with no stutters and photogrammetry looking great! Now, this could be a result of me fly at 5 am and as a result no server traffic issues.

Does anyone know why this actually occurs? Is it cpu demand over stressed? It is server issues? I suspect server issues as some of us aren’t having any issues and others are. My internet is 350 mb/s but I live in Canada so suspect proximity to servers may be a issue?

Honestly just want to know what causes stutters and why it’s worse at times than other times, why some get it more than others etc. Has MS ever commented on why this actually occurs?

Yes, not always a smooth experience. Does seem worse than when first released though there are so many variables difficult to put a finger on it. Started off mainly on shortish flights in Cessna, now mainly in TBM and 320 with flights upto several hours

My series X has always run pretty good, however after the last update I had several CTDs and some really bad stuttering. Clearing the cache and reinstalling all my downloads EXCEPT the Orbis flying hospital, the 2 core libraries for seafront and airports in the UK (I don’t own the pay ware) and the biggest change, I didn’t reinstall the Seasons Scenery pack.

I have no proof that these 4 things were causing issues, but the sim runs smooooooooooooth afterwards.

1 Like