Xbox series x - worthwhile downloading updates?

Is it worthwhile downloading updates or not on box series x ?

There are 2 sorts of update

The first one is what you see on the home page of the x box series x desktop screen next to the game icon under ‘updating %’ etc - before you load the game

The second one is that once this first update has finished and you start the game - think it’s under the content manager - you see a list of loads of stuff USA, Europe pack etc - with ‘download available’ listed

Is it worthwhile downloading stuff or not as a beginner to flight sim ?

Nothing is being changed to solve the known bugs in the game - like loading a saved game and toolbar missing etc - so was wondering whether it is worth updating the game or not

We frequently get updates on flight sim - but the overall functionality of the game - like the removal of bugs is not being removed - don’t know why this is

Sim updates are not optional, they’re mandatory. World updates are partially optional, and some of the photogrammetry content is known to harm performance.

So what that means is that the update that appears on the home page of the x box series x - where it says update - is compulsory - else the game won’t load up

And the updates within the game once you load it up are not compulsory ?

That’s correct. I wouldn’t downplay the usefulness and importance with content manager updates, as an update to a plane, scenery or other add-ons can also remove potential crashes, increase stability and smooth out performance.
While I don’t have an Xbox, I make sure my sim is always fully updated with both the mandatory sim updates, optional world updates and all items in the content manager, and it has helped in many situations.

There are some people, on PC anyway, that uninstall world updates/airports/planes they don’t fly in order to reduce load times and increase performance. It’s a subjective thing. You make the sim how you want it.

So probably best to update everything just to be safe

What do most people here do for the updates on the x box ?

As you said , SU are part of the mandatory, so no choice and i regret it a lot specially with the last SU9…

Same as you said for WU

Addons, it depends on the willing of the Addon editor.

But Addon on Xbox are less stable than on PC

Procedure is nearly the same as on pc

It’s not worthwhile, it’s mandatory to be able to play. Unfortunately, Sim Update 9 made the Xbox version unstable and there are lots of crashes again. This is disappointing as it was promised that SU9 was going to be “all about stability”. Now it crashes much more than before, and many add-ons are still incompatible and crash the sim. It’s a big step backwards in this regard.

1 Like

Post removed by author