Xbox showcase 2024

Not at all.

4 Likes

Doubtful. Just not a whole lot of excitement showing promo videos of an airliner wall of switches on AP. All that adventure waits as well too I’m sure. The airports look gonzo loaded with smooth moving vehicles everywhere, and probably the horsepower to fill a cabin with animated passengers. The horsepower we already had, that is, but weren’t allowed to utilize. Wonder if anyone noticed the change in glare in rub marks on the airliner panels where people’s fingers mark up areas around switches.

Monument valley appears to be Photogrammetry now. Compare to how it looks currently in 2020

8 Likes

Some more comparisons. All taken at Ultra with maxed LOD sliders

LA has new photogrammetry

Aspen airport has had an art pass

12 Likes

Miami Beach too…

I’m super excited for this and ready to buy Premium Deluxe day 1. Going to be lots of amazing new things for those of us who enjoy virtual flying more than looking for things we can find to gripe about.

That said, a moment of snark is in order…

So glad there’s going to be an Edgly Optica in the Sim. The one freeware and two payware versions we already had obviously we weren’t enough.

There were only 22 made of the real plane, so with a little more effort from the development community they could individually model every single Optica, each individual plane from a different publisher.

4 Likes

Photogrammetry appears to be the same

5 Likes

The people, trees, plants, and terrain look massively improved, better than anything we have now. Great for some bush flying.

With the A330 having engine and pitot covers I reckon we’ll have proper pre-flight walk arounds at last. A&A but better and for all good plane addons.

1 Like

At least we can see it better with the right size 3D trees.

That’ll be an inibuilds A330 because the EFB is the same as the A32N V2.

Yeah, I agree the EFB seems the same, but there’s a tiny possibility Aerosoft partenered with them to finish their own A330. Aerosoft is too silent about their A330 for a while (and it was really close to be released). I could be wrong, we will see.

The EFB is the exact same one that is in ini’s A320Neo

Plus ini is already confirmed to be the dev on the BelugaXL which is based on the A330, so it only makes sense they’d be involved with both.

there’s also plenty of images of Aerosoft’s A330 if you really want to compare. Here’s the cockpit for example.

2 Likes

Agreed, it makes more sense. In that case, Aerosoft lost the timming :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t see the glare of the reflected flash… it should be almost blinding for a second…

Commercial flights & passengers ! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The edge is a great VFR plane for VR like it